lots of problems

grizzly700

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so i had my dad run out to the barn and get my serial number off the bike cause i keep them at his house but dont live there. he radioed it to dispatch since hes a sheriff and its easier for him to figure stuff like that out. he said if it is stolen no one has reported it so im gonna go for. im headed up there after work to see if i can get it running and to take some pics for my profile. i got fuel line from work so i can replace that since it cracked and ill finish draining the old gas and put in new. i also bought a K&N air filter, charge filter and adapter so i can put that on since the original is missing. suprise suprise. then i have to fix the crab somehow. i just want to start it so i know if the motor is good or not. if it is ill prolly tear it all down and build it over the winter. im prolly gonna eliminate the ignition all together and just put a killswitch so its hot all the time except for when the killswitch is opened. thanks for the help and it will prolly be a couple hours till i post pics cause ill prolly ride the grizz for a min.

If your Father is a sheriff and he said it came out clean good for you. I would still try and get a bill of sale made to cover your ass and all of the money you put into it.

washburn- do u mean like a receipt? ill try to get him to write one up if thats wat u mean.

and 05.banshee.se- i am prolly only gonna ride the banshee like trails and woods and mostly fields. it wont see water cause i have a BA grizzly for that. i want this to be wicked fast. im sure i will put way more than my $1500 budget i was hoping to stay under cause i been lookin at how tight all ur bikes r. i would like to bore and stroke but stay on pump gas so not to much compression. i know a guy that will do porting and polishing. i was thinking carbs since they have to be fixed i might as well replace them with aftermarket unless u think the stockers can be rebuilt and handle the bigger displacement. i also want reed valves. and i heard that the toomey pipes r worth the upgrade even tho it already has FMF gold series pipes. they r all rusty and crappy looking. ill said and paint with ceramic black most likely till upgrade. i want rims, tires and maybe a-arms but they r expensive so thats just a want for now. ne advice is greatly appreciated.

and here she is. aint she a beauty? lol

post-30504-1225486862_thumb.jpg

washburn- do u mean like a receipt? ill try to get him to write one up if thats wat u mean.

and 05.banshee.se- i am prolly only gonna ride the banshee like trails and woods and mostly fields. it wont see water cause i have a BA grizzly for that. i want this to be wicked fast. im sure i will put way more than my $1500 budget i was hoping to stay under cause i been lookin at how tight all ur bikes r. i would like to bore and stroke but stay on pump gas so not to much compression. i know a guy that will do porting and polishing. i was thinking carbs since they have to be fixed i might as well replace them with aftermarket unless u think the stockers can be rebuilt and handle the bigger displacement. i also want reed valves. and i heard that the toomey pipes r worth the upgrade even tho it already has FMF gold series pipes. they r all rusty and crappy looking. ill said and paint with ceramic black most likely till upgrade. i want rims, tires and maybe a-arms but they r expensive so thats just a want for now. ne advice is greatly appreciated.

Get a compression gauge, and check the compression.

-Take off the TORS (~$60)

-Put K&N Pods on, deleting the stock airbox (~$80) (Get Outerwears)

-Toomey T5s (Buy used.... ~$275-$350)

-Jet it (~$20 if you jet it yourself and get close)

-Coolhead & Domes (match domes to pump gas size) (~$220-265)

-Timing +4 (~$25-$100)

-28mm (or bigger) flat sides (~???)

-Herr Jugs Racing Port Work (~$250-$400)

-VForce 3 Reeds and Cages (~$300-$350?)

It might be a bit too crazy for tight trails lol... :evil:

Get a compression gauge, and check the compression.

-Take off the TORS (~$60)

-Put K&N Pods on, deleting the stock airbox (~$80) (Get Outerwears)

-Toomey T5s (Buy used.... ~$275-$350)

-Jet it (~$20 if you jet it yourself and get close)

-Coolhead & Domes (match domes to pump gas size) (~$220-265)

-Timing +4 (~$25-$100)

-28mm (or bigger) flat sides (~???)

-Herr Jugs Racing Port Work (~$250-$400)

-VForce 3 Reeds and Cages (~$300-$350?)

It might be a bit too crazy for tight trails lol... :evil:

I'm new to shees so will u explain the tors and flat sides. All I've worked on in 4strokes. Is there instructions if I search on here for them. And should I do the mods in that order? Will I still be able to run pump gas?

Thanks.

Ps I will surely make it out to the dunes a few times if that changes nething.

I'm new to shees so will u explain the tors and flat sides. All I've worked on in 4strokes. Is there instructions if I search on here for them. And should I do the mods in that order? Will I still be able to run pump gas?

Thanks.

Ps I will surely make it out to the dunes a few times if that changes nething.

There's a TORS removal thread on here somewhere, it might even be a sticky. Basically, it's the stock electrical wiring harness that connects the emergency brake, throttle, and a couple other things to the top of the stock carbs. It's supposed to be there to keep your bike from over-revving or running away. It's a piece of shit system. It will do nothing but cause you problems in the future. The removal thread will guide you through taking the wiring harness off, installing an emergency brake block-off plate, and installing idle screws in the top of your stock carbs. Removing that harness is the first thing that every Banshee owner should do.

As far as flat sides, it's a type of aftermarket carb. Carbs aren't exactly my cup of tea, so I'll let someone else explain how flat sides work.

EDIT:

To answer you question about 05.Banshee.SE's list. You don't have to go in that order.

-Yes, remove the TORS, good idea.

-Don't buy K&N pod filters, until you buy the carbs you will be using.

-As far as the Toomey, alot of people like them. You can get them whenever you want. You just have to jet it whenever you change pipes.

-Jet kit, you'll need to jet it whenever you change exhaust, compression, timing, elevation, and I'm sure there's more.

-Cool head is a good idea, if you want to change your compression. They really don't make it run much cooler. Or, if you just want the bling.

-Definite good idea to bump up your timing. You have to buy an adjustable timing plate to do so.

-Carbs are a good idea to change out fom stock. Most people on here use Keihin PWK's.

-Port jobs should be another first thing you do (during a build). You can get them matched to your riding style. ONLY USE ACCREDITED PORTER'S! Bad port job will hurt performance.

-V-Force 3 reed's. If you don't plan on doing a bunch of work on your engine, don't waste your money. Just buy some carbon fiber Boyeson reeds. There is a thread on here where someone tried a bunch of different reeds on a very hi-performance engine, on a dyno. V-Force gave him like 0.3 horsepower. Not worth the money, for what you get in horsey's. Unless you just want the big name on the side of your reed cage.

In my opinion, I would just start off with carbs, k&n's and Outerwears, pipes, timing plate, and tires. If you are going to ride in muddy places, don't get k&n pod filters. Get the one that goes in your stock air box, and just leave the lid off. I wouldn't waste any more money than that until you're ready to tear the bike down, and do a full build.

holy shit 2001 stroker ur a big help. i was looking on ebay for pwKs cause my carbs r messed up neways. i will def get port work. coolheads r a good idea cause i dont wanna burn my shit up. i will daf get the pods cause i have a lifted girzzly for my mud and creek riding. i just want my banshee to outrun my friends 450r cause he talks shit cause its faster than my 700lb grizz that almost beats him.lol i need a new coil for ignition i think cause the plug cap is cracked on mine. ill search for the tors thread but idk wat sticky means. and do u guys get made for abbreviations? i know some forums do.

thanks for all the help guys i will def update pics as i go. i also am gonna change all plastics to black and put black rims and prolly ceramic painted toomeys on it. im goin for the blacked out look.

dude! that looks like the bike i just baught for 1000 last month. i'm tryin to trade off the red though. same dg grabbs f&r. anyways, i would gear down the sprokets if your gonna trail ride. it barely runs @ 5mph, which is alot faster than it sounds when your tryin to creep over or under something. way too much clutch action. besides, if your gonna mod it out, it will get harder to feather on the bottom end. i broke loose a week and a half ago and slid back down into a tree (T.G. for DG) :sweat: also, i would get some good nerfs- theres nuttin like gettin your foot caught on sometin in the woods. it just f's riddin for a while. as for everything else, listen 2 stroker :thumbsup:

dude! that looks like the bike i just baught for 1000 last month. i'm tryin to trade off the red though. same dg grabbs f&r. anyways, i would gear down the sprokets if your gonna trail ride. it barely runs @ 5mph, which is alot faster than it sounds when your tryin to creep over or under something. way too much clutch action. besides, if your gonna mod it out, it will get harder to feather on the bottom end. i broke loose a week and a half ago and slid back down into a tree (T.G. for DG) :sweat: also, i would get some good nerfs- theres nuttin like gettin your foot caught on sometin in the woods. it just f's riddin for a while. as for everything else, listen 2 stroker :thumbsup:

[/quot

im def gonna get nerfs. i prolly wont gear down cause i will only ride my tight trails on grizz. i just want the shee for pure speed. u know? like wat they were mad for?lol im gonna order some carbs off ebay unless neone has some for sale. stock or aftermarket as long as theyre not alky's. i wanna get red of my yellow and red too, its so ugly:/ but yeah i gotta get ignition also unless they sell just plug wire ends but aftermarket is gonna be needede neway:)

holy shit 2001 stroker ur a big help. i was looking on ebay for pwKs cause my carbs r messed up neways. i will def get port work. coolheads r a good idea cause i dont wanna burn my shit up. i will daf get the pods cause i have a lifted girzzly for my mud and creek riding. i just want my banshee to outrun my friends 450r cause he talks shit cause its faster than my 700lb grizz that almost beats him.lol i need a new coil for ignition i think cause the plug cap is cracked on mine. ill search for the tors thread but idk wat sticky means. and do u guys get made for abbreviations? i know some forums do.

thanks for all the help guys i will def update pics as i go. i also am gonna change all plastics to black and put black rims and prolly ceramic painted toomeys on it. im goin for the blacked out look.

First off, Coolheads don't neccessarily keep your bike running cooler. They make it easier to change your comression, plus give the top end of you engine some bling. A sticky is an important thread that stays at the top of forums. And the tors thread isn't a sticky. I did some research for you, and got it. Took about 20 minutes, but I got it. Once you're done with your bike, you shouldn't have a problem with eating a 450R. Good luck with your build.

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?...=65674&st=0