RZ topend

Hey folks....

Got a chance to pick up an RZ topend with all brand new in the yamaha package PV parts. Also comes with the servo and cables.

They need a bore and port matching. One looks like someone tried to start to port it. I would finish it up anyways to my own specs.

U think they are worth $350????

Who else has paid what to get an RZ topend?

sure would go nice with my current set-up.....

my dad is a orginal owner of his rz350. It has toomey pipes, 2into1 k@n filter, reeds and different carbs and it tops out around 120-125mph. If you put a rz engine into your shee its not going to go anywhere near 120. Way to much drag.....4 tires vs. 2. Something that has fairings and is 20 inches wide vs. something that is 4ft wide. Something that rides on a total of 6 inches of tire, vs. something that is running 23 inches of tire contact. Think about it. Hell you could gear a bicycle to do 200mph. BUT its just not going to happen. There is only so fast you can go, anything faster your going to need massive hp to push it. What does a mild build stock gearing shee go around 65? No way your going to damn near double that. Its not like a rz came from the factory with alot more hp. The power valves just distributes the power better...more bottom end, etc

Does anybody run a full RZ motor.

A RZ weighs 330 lb and had a claimed top speed of 115mph. Way faster than a Banshees top end.

Just wondering how the RZ transmission performed off road.

No problems here with the tranny, between the RZ forks/drum, a modded shift star, and backcut gears mine shifts smooth and I rarely miss a gear. The ratios are a little different but I hardly notice.

• 7 months later...
my dad is a orginal owner of his rz350. It has toomey pipes, 2into1 k@n filter, reeds and different carbs and it tops out around 120-125mph. If you put a rz engine into your shee its not going to go anywhere near 120. Way to much drag.....4 tires vs. 2. Something that has fairings and is 20 inches wide vs. something that is 4ft wide. Something that rides on a total of 6 inches of tire, vs. something that is running 23 inches of tire contact. Think about it. Hell you could gear a bicycle to do 200mph. BUT its just not going to happen. There is only so fast you can go, anything faster your going to need massive hp to push it. What does a mild build stock gearing shee go around 65? No way your going to damn near double that. Its not like a rz came from the factory with alot more hp. The power valves just distributes the power better...more bottom end, etc

A stock banshee will easily go over 65.

RZs run 16 tooth front sprockets...

350 sounds like a good fair price, does it come with the head. The brand new PV parts really sweeten the deal. But... that half-way port job would scare me away. What about the bore size ?

Rz350 has a final exh duration of 194-197 depending what number stamped on the cylinder, that is almost a "drag port" a banshee has a exh duration of 180 degrees. If you know anything about porting and the effect certain durations have, you would know that stock vs stock a Rz has much more topend power then a banshee. Yamaha claimed the banshee 37hp and the Rz350 48H 54hp, 31k 58hp and 1UA 61hp.. We have dynod stock Rzs with pipes over here at 63hp..

I do agree about the top speed and all..

Not trying to be wise, but we specialize in RZs..

Thats price is very good for that topend!!

I can assure you that even a stock stroke Rz motor with a clean up port and at least 33mm carbs rips hard!!! These "little" RZs are beast with a nice wide powerband.

Buy it man!

Rz350 has a final exh duration of 194-197 depending what number stamped on the cylinder, that is almost a "drag port" a banshee has a exh duration of 180 degrees. If you know anything about porting and the effect certain durations have, you would know that stock vs stock a Rz has much more topend power then a banshee. Yamaha claimed the banshee 37hp and the Rz350 48H 54hp, 31k 58hp and 1UA 61hp.. We have dynod stock Rzs with pipes over here at 63hp..

I do agree about the top speed and all..

Not trying to be wise, but we specialize in RZs..

Thats price is very good for that topend!!

I can assure you that even a stock stroke Rz motor with a clean up port and at least 33mm carbs rips hard!!! These "little" RZs are beast with a nice wide powerband.

Buy it man!

i have the rz trans i love it . if your interested i have a stockbore rz topend with pistons,head,servo and cables that i would sell for 350 shipped anywhere in the us. pm me if interested