The Banshee is running but!

gclark63

I did not change the jets during the rebuilding of engine, It wont idle at all but runs like a bat out of hell at WOT. After a brief ride (5mins) whit the bike off sitting in the garage it leaks (fuel and oil) out of the silencers quit a bit, the right sidwe more than the left side. Do I need to go to the 2nd clip on the needle? (340 mains)

If it constantly burs a lot of oil on the right side and you foul plugs on the right side your crank seal might be leaking or your cases may not have sealed. your jetting sounds rich try dropping the pilot down a size or to. start at 1 turn out on the air skrus.

hope i helped

Chevshee

If those are Miknui stock carbs with FMF fatties I seem to recall running a 290 main on stock needles with the clip in the middle groove. Best bet is to use the K&N stage 3 jet kit after market needles with a 270 main. If you want to err on the safe side you could drop to 310 and check it or 300.

If those are Miknui stock carbs with FMF fatties I seem to recall running a 290 main on stock needles with the clip in the middle groove. Best bet is to use the K&N stage 3 jet kit after market needles with a 270 main. If you want to err on the safe side you could drop to 310 and check it or 300.

I am going to get more jets today, I have 2x200, 2x260, 2x270, 2x280's

going to get 2x330, 2x320, 2x310, 2x300, my needle is after market don't which one, it is longer than stock and thinner.

my pilot is a 25, I thought maybe a 27.5?

right after i got it running the right side would on fire intermitently, I took the shims out from under the needles and then right side started firing. (had one shim under each clip.)