Buying a NEW BIKE

87bansheeguy

OK i no this is banshee hq but u guys seem to know about all kinds of quads and im wanting to buy a new one and keep my shee as a "project" i was thinking about getting either a yfz450, articat dvx400, trx450, or a z400 any preferences by u guys and pro and cons please

there all good machines,depending on what kind of riding your going to do.i ride a z400 also a banshee.i really like my z400 good trail rig.its small and can do tight trails with pleanty of tourque/power.the dvx400 has the same power plant as the z400 so myself i would choose the z400.the kfx400 also has the same power plant as the z400 all 3 quads use the suzuki dirt bike engine.the only 2 complaints i have with the z400 is the 5 speed trans and the (acct) aotomatic cam chain tentioner.i have installed a few d.i.d. chains.but it is still a great quad.the yfz 450 also has the yamaha dirt bike power plant and also a great quad,sits low and handles better than the z400 but more money.look on ebay i seen 08 model z400's from a dealer on there the other day for like 4,500 no bull.thats cheap now days for a new quad.hell i paid 2,500 for mine used.hope this help some.

there all good machines,depending on what kind of riding your going to do.i ride a z400 also a banshee.i really like my z400 good trail rig.its small and can do tight trails with pleanty of tourque/power.the dvx400 has the same power plant as the z400 so myself i would choose the z400.the kfx400 also has the same power plant as the z400 all 3 quads use the suzuki dirt bike engine.the only 2 complaints i have with the z400 is the 5 speed trans and the (acct) aotomatic cam chain tentioner.i have installed a few d.i.d. chains.but it is still a great quad.the yfz 450 also has the yamaha dirt bike power plant and also a great quad,sits low and handles better than the z400 but more money.look on ebay i seen 08 model z400's from a dealer on there the other day for like 4,500 no bull.thats cheap now days for a new quad.hell i paid 2,500 for mine used.hope this help some.

Yes it did thank you. But i gotta buddy of mine with a 2004 yfz 450 for 2'800 bucks seems like a hell of a deal should i jump on it?

Don't wait too long for such a steal like that! :biggrin:

I bought my wife an Arctic Cat DVX 400 and have +2+1 a arms, suspension, and a pipe on it and I was really impressed. Lots of torque and handles like a dream. Just about bought another one for myself! But I still can bump her back to the TRX 250 if I want to ride hers instead of the banshee!

SP