electric problems

87bansheeguy

Usually its not the coil or the cdi, those components rarely go bad. You need to diagnose the problem and not throw parts at it. It could bew anything from a shorted wire to a malfunctioning kill switch or stator. Buy a multimeter that checks ohms and get back to us.

Usually its not the coil or the cdi, those components rarely go bad. You need to diagnose the problem and not throw parts at it. It could bew anything from a shorted wire to a malfunctioning kill switch or stator. Buy a multimeter that checks ohms and get back to us.

Well i already replaced the cdi and coil. its still not sparking ive went threw and tested most of the wires there all good so im leaning toward the stator i can test the 2 wire for restistance but the others are going into it how can i test my stator to make sure it works and how can i test the resitance for the other 2 wires. im using a multi meter btw. and my kill switch is fine

Well i already replaced the cdi and coil. its still not sparking ive went threw and tested most of the wires there all good so im leaning toward the stator i can test the 2 wire for restistance but the others are going into it how can i test my stator to make sure it works and how can i test the resitance for the other 2 wires. im using a multi meter btw. and my kill switch is fine

The stator specs are in the manual. You should be able to search and dig one up on here.

Stator resistance:

Ignition coil should be 13.7-20.5 Ohms (red to green wire)

Pickup coil should be 94-140 Ohms (white/red to white/green wire)

Lighting coil should be 0.26-0.38 Ohms (black to yellow wire)

from the FAQ :blush:

I think ive tested just about everything possible and its still not sparking any stupid mistakes i could be making???

So far ive tested my coil, cdi, stator, kill switch, and it still wont spark. oh yeah and the pickup gap is good but is there another way to test the pickup and what else am i forgeting here

UPDATE i sanded the top of the magnets on the stator and im getting a little spark now and every 10 kicks or so its spitting some air outa the pipes but she still wont turn over wuts gives????