Stroker Crank Questions

banshee55615

My banshee crank just went south. Looking at putting the Stroker Crank in but is it worth while to do so while keeping stock porting and bore? Also has anyone tried the Lakes Motorsports kit off of e-bay?

You can get a new hot rods 4 mill long rod crank from jeff at fast for about the price that everyone else sells a standard stroke hot rods crank for. If your going to buy a new crank that is what I probably would do. If you looking to save some money then you could get a used stock crank.

Do you have a cool head? If you do then you can just get a pair of stroker domes and not run the spacer plate inbetween the cylinders and cases.

:blush: my bad got to thinkin and i was very blah with my responce I appoligize for that. You can run a 4mil crank on a stock engine like said above with spacer plate. I just was commenting about the price that a new one will run you. You did not mention what you were looking to spend. so I just mentioned that you could go a little cheaper and buy a used stock or rather a used 4mil and save a little cash. but if you are to buy a new as also said above I would also recomend jeff at F.A.S.T

Thanks for the info I aint to familar with these machines more into the snowmobile factor. Everything you guys have said makes sense i suppose in order to know what a ball park figure in cost i would be best off calling jeff like u have stated above. Another question my wiseco piston i pulled out is a 64.75 from what i can make out of it would that be correct bore?

the correct bore for what? what kinda engine/power are you looking to build? the cylinders on a banshee are kinda the heart of the beast. If they are on there stock bore or thier last can make a huge diffrence I cant right of hand remember the stock bore measerment but im sure one of these guys will follow me up with that. you can measure the bore with a ruler if want then tell us the numbers

I was just trying to figure out if this machine has been bored before i just bought it about a month ago. From what I have read 64mm is stock, 64.5mm is 20 over, and 65mm is 40 over so I am guessing with the piston i pulled out with the numbers being 6475 it must be 30 over? I am planning on buying all new parts for this machine and was mainly wondering would it be worth the extra buck to start with the longer crank now and eventually get the porting done next year when i rebuild it again?

I was just trying to figure out if this machine has been bored before i just bought it about a month ago. From what I have read 64mm is stock, 64.5mm is 20 over, and 65mm is 40 over so I am guessing with the piston i pulled out with the numbers being 6475 it must be 30 over? I am planning on buying all new parts for this machine and was mainly wondering would it be worth the extra buck to start with the longer crank now and eventually get the porting done next year when i rebuild it again?

Yea it has been bored before. Stock bore is 64.00mm. The last bore is 66mm or 66.50mm I cant rember.

It kind of depends on how serious you are. A ported stock stroke banshee will have more power than a stock port with a 4 mill crank. Once you port your jugs for the stock stroke they cannot be ported for the 4 mill crank. You have to start over with a non ported pair of cylinders.

If you are 100% sure your going to get it ported next year then I would do the 4 mill crank now and run stock porting, with the plan of getting it ported when you can afford it.

yeah thats the plan i went back on this forum about 7 pages last night and read a bunch of others crank questions which i should have read before oops. So if i go with this 4mm crank do u think it would run ok with the stock port compared to a stock engine banshee that has exhaust. I plan on going through the upper end every year just cause I would rather have new pistons then chancing splitting the case the next time she lunches. Thats when i will get the porting done.

you can run a spacer plate to raise the ports back up, and it will run, it just wont run like a raped ape until you get it ported for the stroke.

Yep. I havent rode a stock ported 4 mill. I would emagine it would have about the same maners as a stock stroke only with a stroner mid range due to the more torque the stroker crank helps develop.