Spark Arrestor help!

Hey Guys,

I am new to the forums, and have to say, this place is great! I have done som searching, and cannot seem to get the answer I need. After a little run in with the DNR here in Michigan at Tin Cup last weekend, I need Spark Arrestors. Especially because I am going to Silver Lake in 3 weeks! My issue is, I have Toomey T5's with Toomey Silencers. Is there any way to get around buyin the actual Toomey arrestors at are $159 for the set?

Thanks in advance!

you can get the hush kit, then you will only need one spark arrestor. but the hush kit is just as much as toomey sparkys

or you can do what we did to your silencers and put some chicken wire in the silencers so when the dnr checks them they think there is a spark arrester...hahaha

Edited by bansheejoel

or you can do what we did to your silencers and put some chicken wire in the silencers so when the dnr checks them they think there is a spark arrester...hahaha

I would imagine that would kill the air flow. Like clamping a pice of fabric over the carbs instead of using a K&N filter. More Surface Area = Better Flow.

I would imagine that would kill the air flow. Like clamping a pice of fabric over the carbs instead of using a K&N filter. More Surface Area = Better Flow.

its not like putting fabric over the carbs at all, for how much we used there is no way that it would affect the performance...the stuff that makes a silencer spark arrested is like a screen anywase, that stuff is way more restrictive than what we used lol.. And it was better than spending the $190 on spark arrestors for the 1 time his shee has been to the dunes.

Every time one of my buddies tries that they get turned away.. They can tell if its a USFS approved screen or not.. If it dont say USFS approved spark arrestor on the silencer body.. or they cant see the screen.. your not getting in.. But.. it all depends on how anal they want to be. but.. the last 4-5 times my buddies have tried.. they didn't make it through the gate.

Every time one of my buddies tries that they get turned away.. They can tell if its a USFS approved screen or not.. If it dont say USFS approved spark arrestor on the silencer body.. or they cant see the screen.. your not getting in.. But.. it all depends on how anal they want to be. but.. the last 4-5 times my buddies have tried.. they didn't make it through the gate.

I think I am just going with the Toomey Sparkys. I ride Tin Cup alot too, and the DNR there are pretty hardcore.

My suggestion is to get the Toomey Hush Kit with the built in spark arrestor. That is what I did. I like it and it was easy to install. I have never had a problem with it. It is USFS approved and it has the USFS seal stamped on it. No muss, no fuss!

Ordered the Toomey Sparkys last night. Not too excited about spending that much, but it sounded like the best idea. The hush kit would have been just as much :(.

you'll be glad you bought the Toomey setup. I bought them earlier this year and they fit much better and are 0 hassle compared to the old clamp on ones that scrape the hell out of your silencers.

here is a shot of my Banshee with them installed:

http://www.silverlakesandduners.com/pics/a...eehaulerswp.jpg