Starting problems

SCEADU

On a cold start you have to use a kind of science to start my shee. Pull chokes full on. kick it once or twice and it hits. let chokes off and kick it again 0nce and feather the throttle for about a minute unitil it idles on its own. If you don't catch it just right it becomes a real bear of kicking your ass off or putting a little fuel down the plugs. Anyone else have this experience ? Once she is warm its usually a half kick at she fires right up and will idle all day. It is almost like it doesn't get enough fuel cold. I did read some one else have a simular issue recently and one of the replies was a possible wrong pilot. My pilots are 30's.

30s are pretty big for some basic mods..pipes,k&n..

try a 27.5...only choke 1 carb.you shouldnt have to do both.a little gas on the kick and let her warm up a minute on the throttle then push the choke back in.should be good to go.no science involved :thumbsup:

Edited by 88bansheebitch

I tried a 27.5 and once the girl was warm she had a bog out of the hole. I bumped to a 30 and the bog is almost gone. The mod the machine has is a trail port, Fatty's, K&N, no lid, and advanced to +4. The choke detent is messed up so you have to hold it. After it hits, if you hold the choke out it still won't start. Oh and everything is fresh through out the motor with new plugs. (just had to recase it after a chain break) I am no expert but beleive me I have done everything normal that can be done that is why I come here looking for an answer. Once she is warm I can sit on the seat and just lean on the kicker and it fires.

Just because it has a new topend doesn't always mean the compression is fine. Its always good to check it just to know where your at. That way down the road when it starts feeling a little weak you can check the compression again and compare it to where you started. As far as it not starting cold. Sounds like you have some choke issues.

If I dump a little fuel down on cylinder it will fire right up. after about 30 seconds of feathering the throttle it will idle all day. It maybe a prob with the choke circuit. Can anyone else start their Banshee in the summer without the choke?

i dont need the chokes to start. i never had that problem. i turn the gas on about 5 min before i kick it.

i dont need the chokes to start. i never had that problem. i turn the gas on about 5 min before i kick it.

Didn't use my choke all summer. Starts first or second kick everytime. I beleive the choke plunger on stock carbs is a replaceable item. I'd say just rebuild the carbs and see what happens.

i have the same problem with my girls shee! its so frusterating! i normally pull start it with my quad. after the motors warm. she fires first kick. tryed changing jetting, plugs. 160 psi in both cly. the choke dosnt stay on either on hers. i know the problem is in the choke somewhere. there is a choke jet on the stator side carb, cleaned it. still nothing! its either the choke, or jetting. sometimes after kicking for an hour it will backfire. which means its lean. i donno. its a head scratcher for sure! :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

It just doesn't make sense. The compression is @ 145 so thats not it. I got it started and once shee was warm I pulled the choke and it burbles so the choke must be working to some extent. I have read that several peeps experience this so for now when shee doesn't start I 'll just put alittle fuel in the cylinder.