Interesting oil information.

RNBRAD

This is a great article below I think every quad and motorycle owner should read. I totally agree with it 110%. Kinda long but your engine is worth it. :D

The "Unvarnished" Truth

About Your Motorcycle Oil!

Discover The Hidden Secrets Motorcycle Manufacturers And Dealers Pray You Never Learn!

Inside this controversial report, you will learn the well guarded secrets Motorcycle Companies don't want you to know when you're choosing a motor oil for your cherished ride! You'll be shocked when you hear things like:

The real story about how unsuspecting motorcycle owners are being bled dry by manufacturers and dealers!

Discover the truth about the how and why of sludge and deposit formation!

Why the so called "bearing slippage" story is just that

not much usefull here since it specificaly talks about 4-pokes...

I was hoping it would talk about pre-mix or 2-stroke case oil....

Rather it goes on about oil filters and lifters n such....Maybe I'm missing something but I don't think much of this information can be applied to a 2-stroke other than to use synthetic oil over petro based :confused:

again this guy says with amsoil and a proper filter you can go 15,000 miles on your oil! I dunno about doing that on a banshee! or any performance vehicle....Maybe in my truck or something...But I do not think this applies to 2-strokes. If So that would mean you NEVER need to change the oil in the banshee case. And having a magnetic drainplug that collects all the filings floating aorund I would definately not recomend even pushing 1000 miles before an oil change!

Justin, try to think "outside the box". Just because they don't use Banshee in the article doesn't mean it cannot apply. The recommended drain interval for a car is 3k miles, no one rides even that many miles before they change thier case oil on the banshee. Try to think in relationship terms. If you normally change your regular oil every 10 hours of ride time, you could theoretically go 30 hours with a synthetic. Try to apply it in your specific situation and skip the literals. No they don't freakin mean run your banshee 15000 miles and then change your oil. :wacko:

Does it apply for 2 strokes? It absolutely does for me!!

Justin, try to think "outside the box". Just because they don't use Banshee in the article doesn't mean it cannot apply. The recommended drain interval for a car is 3k miles, no one rides even that many miles before they change thier case oil on the banshee. Try to think in relationship terms. If you normally change your regular oil every 10 hours of ride time, you could theoretically go 30 hours with a synthetic. Try to apply it in your specific situation and skip the literals. No they don't freakin mean run your banshee 15000 miles and then change your oil.  :wacko: 

Does it apply for 2 strokes? It absolutely does for me!!

329312[/snapback]

:clap:

more ppl would read that if the guy just got to the damn fuckin point...

329291[/snapback]

lol, yup, you could probably cut that down to 100 words if you wanted to, instead the guy would rather write something the size of moby dick... GOOD FIND none the less, very informative...