mini twister billet vs 421 cub

bada450r

like it says i got a friend thats juxt finishing a 4 mil 78 bore twister mini.he used to have a 4 mil stock cyl that could not beat my cub before.his also a big guy just like me,and our bike weight about the same.what are my chances?i have never seen a twister mini run.we will be racing in glamis the weekend after holloween. :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he's running a 4mil 78bore that would be the same as a 4mil DM (550cc) If it was properly built and tuned it should have the power to beat a 4mil cub. Alot depends on riders and chassis set-up also..

That's what I'm thinking too...

I do know that there is a lot of work to be done on the twisters to make them comparable, but they can and do run hard when setup properly. It could go either way

The second race in the vid is my bros mini twister running a 421 cub on alky.... My bros bike was set up like a tank in this vid too. Getting a drag chassis now, but it was heavy during this race. It was the fastest 4mil up there on the weekend the vid was shot. Only bike that beat it was my 10mil. The twisters are no joke IMO.

http://media.putfile.com/theshee

If memory serves me the minis come up to a 75 bore.

they meybe trying to pass it as a cheater motor.as far as the set up my buddy is doing it right,he has work shocks all around,has a stock frame lighter and stecth in the front 4 inches,his got a +12 swinng arm,fireball drag a arms,and his getting 2 0r 3 sets of paddles.ruben at rub dubs is building the motor,and his also taking the bike to shearer to have pipes made.and rubdubs has a 4 mil 75 or 76 bore twister mini that runs really hard,[i have not runed agaist that bike eather]but my buddy told me his doing a 78 bore,maybe it is a big twister.i honestly thunk if his not on his A game and he does'nt have the right gearing etc.his going to have a hard time beating me.i guess we will have to wait and see. :beer: :beer:

they meybe trying to pass it as a cheater motor.as far as the set up my buddy is doing it right,he has work shocks all around,has a stock frame lighter and stecth in the front 4 inches,his got a +12 swinng arm,fireball drag a arms,and his getting 2 0r 3 sets of paddles.ruben at rub dubs is building the motor,and his also taking the bike to shearer to have pipes made.and rubdubs has a 4 mil 75 or 76 bore twister mini that runs really hard,[i have not runed agaist that bike eather]but my buddy told me his doing a 78 bore,maybe it is a big twister.i honestly thunk if his not on his A game and he does'nt have the right gearing etc.his going to have a hard time beating me.i guess we will have to wait and see. :beer: :beer:

That was hard to read. :confused:

That was hard to read. :confused:

ok.i know sorry about that.

cheater motor, what i'am trying to say is.they're saying that the motor that they're building is a 4 mil mini.but it could be that they're just saying that,and maybe building something bigger.

i think my buddy is setting his bike up pretty dam good.

rub dubs racing is building my buddys motor,and currently rubdubs has a 4 mil, with a 75 or 76 bore mini that runs pretty dam hard.i have not runed my cub agaist this bike eather.

hope this is more understandable.tHANKS.

Edited by bada450r

The biggest mini goes up to 75 or 76 im not to sure on that.But what they mean by "Mini" is just the stroke size.The regular twister are 78mm bore I think and are from 16-20mm Cranks.I wanted a mini but think a cub will be the best bang for my buk.Good luck beating the mini,My builder really preffers cub tho

The bore size only goes to 75mm. The 75mm needs alot more case work and extra porting to get the ports anywere close. The one in theshee's video has 72mm bore and 4mm stroke. Also has a little extra port work. I that vid That bike is running a 1-5 with 78ro 14 paddle hualers so the mini can be made to run very hard.....But it takes some $ and time as they can be more dificult to tune.

The bore size only goes to 75mm. The 75mm needs alot more case work and extra porting to get the ports anywere close. The one in theshee's video has 72mm bore and 4mm stroke. Also has a little extra port work. I that vid That bike is running a 1-5 with 78ro 14 paddle hualers so the mini can be made to run very hard.....But it takes some $ and time as they can be more dificult to tune.

If you are looking at a Twister Small Block, you need to be honest with yourself and figure it's a race engine. When you get up to a piston that large in a short stroke Banshee style engine you are making power with blow down pressure as opposed to piston speed. This can be a bit harder to tune if you don't understand what is going on inside the engine. :geek:

• 3 weeks later...