how to take the ugly out of a banshee

yfzut

well i finaly had a chance to work on it some more and it just needs a couple more mounts for the rear fenders. the hard part is you have to cut off the stock steering stem hoop and fab up a new on if your going to run the yfz tank and a front seat-tank mount. still need to had some gussets to the stem mount. but all and all not that hard.

HPIM1031.jpg

HPIM1030.jpg

HPIM1032.jpg

HPIM1022.jpg

i will get more when its completly finished with some orange laker yfz450 plastic and the pipes back on.

Edited by yfzut

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats alot of F*#Kin around, no thanks Banshees look the way they do for a pupose!, its funtion over fassion!!

I wouldnt waste my time, especially after it gets rolled once or twice and all those stupid little brackets have to be fixed.

my .02

yah banshees are made only for function thats why half of them are chromed out and have custom paint jobs, tell you what i will keep trying to be a little different and i have had people say more good things than bad, and anybody talking shit are more than likley the people running boost bottles and to them i will tell them to just kiss my ass and we will have fun on our somewhat different banshees. :P

aside for mthe fact  it looks odd and pieced together  ,you've really screwed yourself on getting any cooling air to the radiator ,your shit is gonna instantly over heat like a mofo and probably seize up .wh y do yo u think the rad is so exposed  directly i n the front  of the quad?i dont see much room for a set of aftermarket pipes either .  to do  major alterations to your frame and mounts  just so it accepts different plastic just seems like  a total waste to me . yamaha  engineers  knew what they were doing ,why tamper with perfection and the bikes only ability to cool itself ?  :confused:

456362[/snapback]

24werd.jpg

24werd.jpg

456370[/snapback]

as for cooling the radiator is still in the same place, so i dont know how its going to overheat, and if you love the banshee engineers then leave it all stock and tell all the aftermarket to stop making all these nice parts we love to improve are banshees with. i dont think installing yfz plastic on it is going to make it a better qaud, just different. so chill out and let me finish it and we will see how it looks and how it dont overheat.

your right the radiator is in the same place... but in case you haven't noticed.... THERE IS NO GRILL THERE ANYMORE THERES A BIG HUNK OF WHITE PLASTIC!!!!

you never did answer me where you got the RAVE reviews on your "creation"

i;ve seen pics fo this thing on 2 different sites.. and unless people got on PS in the last 24 hours and said how great it is... youi didn;t get many believers in your "THING"

and there will be a grill there as soon as i have a custom cut qaudtech hood with a grille and a custom fabbed up aluminum bumper to fit the frame and follow the lines of the new body and lay in front of the bottom of the radiator, and as far as pipes go bigbore cpi,s fit fine. with new laker plastic it has removable shrouds and they wont be used. this stock plastic is just being used as a mock up. and the rave reviews your talking about are people that come to my buddys shop mostly and can see it in person and understand how its going to be setup when its done. and remember its still a banshee and will get custom banshee graphics on it.

I wish I could be there the first time it takes a spill, you know that steering stem is gonna get owned!!!, not to mention all the twisted little brackets. :lol: good way to greatly reduce the value of the bike :shootself:

I was thinkin of putting a rino body on my shee, you know...to be differant. What do guys think?

i think it looks realy sick... if i had 1/2 a clue on how to weld and fabricate i would be in my rage right now... man its iether a hit or miss on likeing it or not... but really stop hating i think i know what he is talking about with the grill... project blaster makes a hood for there blasters that had z 400 slotscut in it and has mesh on the grill its pritty cool and i think i t would work... i love the way banshee's look but its cool to see a change every now and again... im interested to see how the pipes and all will look with the fenders