Banshee won’t start

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was me , I would do a compression check and pull your pipes and see how scored your new Pistons are on the exhaust side

when you do a compression check see how gray your plugs are too

How much coolant did you have to put back in it to fill it back up?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Ok so here’s and update. Compression tested 115 on left cylinder and 120 on right. Pulled both spark to make sure I was getting spark and I am. I hit the kill switch to “off” and stopped getting spark. That proved that my kill switch is good. And compression is good. What else can I look for ? 

1 hour ago, Davidmdx25 said:

Ok so here’s and update. Compression tested 115 on left cylinder and 120 on right. Pulled both spark to make sure I was getting spark and I am. I hit the kill switch to “off” and stopped getting spark. That proved that my kill switch is good. And compression is good. What else can I look for ? 

Don’t know if you messed with the flywheel side at all but if the flywheel key in the flywheel got chipped or even came out of place it can cause your timing to be way out and it won’t start, had this happen to me with a YZ. Just a suggestion. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yea I checked them when I did the top end. There was a tiny bit of light through one of the pedals so I unscrewed it and flipped it upside down to try and close the gap. However, there was still a very small gap. But it ran fine for a bit that’s what I don’t understand 

Ok so here’s an update.

i put my premix in an empty water bottle and poked a small hole through the lid. WOT I squeezed a bit in on both carbs. Sounded like it wanted to start but didn’t. I squeezed a little bit more in and BOOM! Started up. Got on it and it would almost have intermittent power. It would pick up and then kinda loose all power, then try to pick up but then loose power again and so on... then it bogged out and wouldn’t start by just kicking it. It was on for a total of about 3 minutes

Edited by Davidmdx25

Have you tried starting it before? you should find out why its not getting fuel.  The cap is not venting possibly, perhaps the float level is off.  It is also possible the jets are clogged. 

14 minutes ago, Ayesully810 said:
Have you tried starting it before? you should find out why its not getting fuel.  The cap is not venting possibly, perhaps the float level is off.  It is also possible the jets are clogged. 

I know that Tyler's pic was a little shocking for you but, put down the flip phone, grab your smartphone again ,so you won't be delayed and repeating a post