Rebuild Top end worked fine for 10 hrs

I recently rebuilt the top end of my banshee. Worked great and then we moved more in the country were i could ride it more. I was coming back and i lost some power but then it would be fine then it died and never started again. So I'm taking it back apart thinking had to be the top end again. I took off the reeds and the one on the left cylinder is completely blown back. Im still new to most of the repairs on these atvs. would this cause the bike not to start? I didn't want to mess with the top end again if i didn't have to especially since it hasn't been that many hours on it. any help will be appreciated. Thanks

post-49624-0-99797100-1446159043.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Blown out reeds can definitely cause your bike not to start. Vforce reed petals are made of carbon fiber and after long periods (sometimes not even that long) start wearing and splitting. As well as a nasty backfire - when that kind of damage occurs and goes untreated the reeds will shatter and when they are no longer sealing can be forced backwards into the cage. Always check your reeds when you rebuild the too end - vital part of your intake and a simple fix to what could be a potential issue. Anyhow I second the compression test to help ensure no other damage has occurred. Replace the reed petals if all is well and ride on. Good luck.