V Force 3s vs 4s... 10mil on the dyno

sand-a-holic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think more people are concerned about the 2-4 swap than the 3-4 swap since the 2’s are better than 3’s I think more people have them, is this correct? Also, I know Windycityjohn said that the "4's outshine the 2's on motors under 75 HP" and I believe they do, but do we have any actual numbers on that? I ask because I have 2's and im pushing about 62-63 HP and trail ride and I personally dont think it would be worth it for ME to spend the money if it were only 1-2 HP. Notice i said "personally" lol. I tried the 4's, as I borrowed them from my bro VOOK and I did feel a differance down low and mid, I just cant tell exactly how much it was. I dont mean to beat a dead horse, This is just what im thinking.

Well to go out and buy them outright to swap from VF2's with no actual numbers/dyno results, im gonna say probably not. VF3's, yes. I work in engineering/technical service, If I told guys to change parts because "they felt more powerful/crisper" I wouldnt have a job anymore lol. People want numbers, period. Everyones opinion on power mods are different. One guy might think the gain was huge while the other guy doesnt, thats where numbers come in, facts. Like I said in the beginning, i know they make a difference but I wanted to know how much and if anyone Dyno'd them both. isnt that the point of this whole thread? Thats all im saying. Like Tyler said, we havent seen any Dyno sheets yet, thats whats most important to me.......

This thread was for V3 to V4. Here are the results.

VF-4-DYNO%20SHEET-revised.jpg

true, but someone did ask about the VF2's and there were replies about the "results". Im not gonna start another thread on VF2's vs VF4's. I guess we will never know................................

Hey anyone wanna buy some VF2's for 150?? LMAO

Talked to my future builder yesterday about if i should switch from 3's to 4's. It was an easy choice. I'm keeping my 3's for my 10mil build coming soon.

I have V4s on my 10mm Cub...BUT, that's because i needed reeds anyway at the time of build. If i had V3's that were in good shape,I'd just keep them until  they wore out.

I don't see changing reeds ,for no reason, being a very good "bang for your buck" modification. I view them more as a "maintenance/ wear" item.

You are looking at a couple HP either way,,,and who honestly has their bike tuned that close at any given moment. 

I think you are making the most of your money doing what you are doing (keeping your current reeds). When they need replacing,,, THEN you might look at trying something else.

• Like 1

I have V4s on my 10mm Cub...BUT, that's because i needed reeds anyway at the time of build. If i had V3's that were in good shape,I'd just keep them until  they wore out.

I don't see changing reeds ,for no reason, being a very good "bang for your buck" modification. I view them more as a "maintenance/ wear" item.

You are looking at a couple HP either way,,,and who honestly has their bike tuned that close at any given moment. 

I think you are making the most of your money doing what you are doing (keeping your current reeds). When they need replacing,,, THEN you might look at trying something else.

Exactly. I couldnt agree more.

this is true. I have had those reeds since 08 and they are untouched. So after all, i may bite my tongue and get some vf4's. I've already decided the budget i had was a joke. Some vf4's would be a drop in a bucket lol. Thanks guys.

Edited by RagunCajun

• 1 month later...

I have a new set of VF3's sitting on the shelf... I was planning on running them on my new serval build upcoming in 2 weeks. 

From what I've picked up.... they suck??  The 2's are better?  Would I be better off just running 'em, running my old Boyesen dual reed setup, or getting a set of FV4's?  Does it really matter on a 70+HP 421?  Shit's always changin'... lol.