chroming frame?

asian_invasion

Not sure if anyone has seen it or done it but I want to chrome my drag bike frame..... Not sure if it will hold up from flexing or if it is possible... Very aware it will add weight but not worried about that... let me know if anyone knows or has experince with it..... Thanks

There is another member on her with a chrome framed bike with yellow flamed fenders. I think chrome weakens the metal also if im not mistaken.

Thats what im worried about... Hate to find out WOT and skip across the sand on my face!!! LOL

Just a diffrent deal havent seen another so y not try it... always like to have that 1 off or diffrent deal and hell it will keep me in the garage polishing instead listening to the wife.... but i would be intrested to find out about a chrome powder coat!?!?

Coming a frame would be pretty pricey. You have to have the whole thing polished and buffed before being plated. I'm betting your looking at around $1000min once done. Also in a few seasons the places that got light nickel and chrome will rust and spread. Unless you keep it sprayed down withwd 40. Then when it starts to look completely like crap you will have to have it stripped. Not just sand blasted, but stripped and replated or powdercoated at that point. My 0.2

Just a diffrent deal havent seen another so y not try it... always like to have that 1 off or diffrent deal and hell it will keep me in the garage polishing instead listening to the wife.... but i would be intrested to find out about a chrome powder coat!?!?

The Chrome powdercoat sucks. I'd never use it on a frame. It's a very soft powder and won't hold up to rocks, or getting sand blasted in the dunes. It would be significantly cheaper than Chrome though, to have it re-done every year.