Disassembly

Trailrider007

I'm sending my shee off to the powder coater and was wondering what the easiest way to get the motor and radiator out would be.

Well if you are not kidding the only way is to unbolt everything. The motor is not that heavy. Have fun with your swingarm bolt.

Lol yeah uh trying to keep it in one piece, and my biggest concern is getting the radiator out without getting myself covered in fluid.

Well the motor comes out all together. The banshee IMO is the easiest quad to take a motor out of. And you will have to drain the coolant out of the rad. Just get a lil bucket ready.

I hope like hell you're going to cut off all the unneeded brackets off the frame before you send it off. Stock pipe rubber bumper mounts,tors box mount, foot basket mounts, air box mounts if you're running pods, etc. It just floors me when I see a freshly powder coated frame with the stock pipe rubber bumper mounts. What, someday you might want to put the stock pipes back on? That's about as dumb as the people on eBay that want $250 for stock pipes, thinking they're giving you a bargain compared to retail. Oh, and plan on replacing the lower steering stem bearing and seals while it's apart. It's only $15 for all 3 parts.

Edited by Starwriter

I hope like hell you're going to cut off all the unneeded brackets off the frame before you send it off. Stock pipe rubber bumper mounts,tors box mount, foot basket mounts, air box mounts if you're running pods, etc. It just floors me when I see a freshly powder coated frame with the stock pipe rubber bumper mounts. What, someday you might want to put the stock pipes back on? That's about as dumb as the people on eBay that want $250 for stock pipes, thinking they're giving you a bargain compared to retail. Oh, and plan on replacing the lower steering stem bearing and seals while it's apart. It's only $15 for all 3 parts.

agreed

• 2 years later...