clutch fiber thickness?

went riding over 4th of july and after a few rides my clutch started slipping. i could launch hard all day in second but as soon as i would hit around 1/2 to 3/4 throttle (of basically every gear) it would rev hard but wouldnt move all that fast untill i eased up a little. anyways, i have a FAST clutch kit and was wondering if anybody knew how thick the fibers are supposed to be? i need to know if i can continue to run this clutch with a little adjustment (adjustment was off to begin with).

if you ran it with the clutch out of adjustment.. you probably burnt the pack.

Maybe Jeff will chime in with the specs of his fibers.. But if it was me.. I'd be buying a new pack..

i hope its not burnt. this was my first trip with it. banghead i measured the fibers and they're all between 2.92-2.95 mm thick. so if zwisers measurements are correct then i would think they would be safe to run. i have a spare clutch kit from HJR that measures between 2.94-2.98 mm thick i guess i could use.....?

• 9 years later...
On 8/21/2020 at 12:14 PM, bike wizard said:

Are you running a synthetic oil in your transmission?  If you are it will make your clutch slip.

I've been running synthetic Klotz MTL in mine for over 20 years and the clutch has never slipped at all! Makes it shift better than anything else I have tried- engine oil, Bel Ray Gearsaver, ATF, Honda trans oil and more.

• 2 weeks later...