What nerf bars do most run now?

On 5/7/2018 at 3:12 PM, Ride2fast said:

I got together today and the kicker don’t seem to be to close to bars I don’t think I’ll have prob kicking shit u only need to kick once or twice anymore then that and u got prob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’ll have to use your heel to kick it over you’ll see. Might be ok for a stock motor but the bigger ones you need room to kick that fucker over good. Plus I would never use my heel to kick over my dm motor I need the middle of my foot. Hope they workout for ya though 

You’ll have to use your heel to kick it over you’ll see. Might be ok for a stock motor but the bigger ones you need room to kick that fucker over good. Plus I would never use my heel to kick over my dm motor I need the middle of my foot. Hope they workout for ya though 

Dm motor and big motors don’t have much practical use in mx or xc racing what nerf bars were designed to be used for. IMO

Dm motor and big motors don’t have much practical use in mx or xc racing what nerf bars were designed to be used for. IMO

Your right about what nerf bars were designed for. However nerf bars are great added protection. It’s saved my feet/leg in the dunes before and also in the trails. Just because nerfs were designed for mx/xc doesn’t mean they can’t be used in other applications as I’m sure you know. Also another thing people always praised about in the past was that you could not trail ride a dm motor. Well I’ve been doing it for years now.

^ Haha, true.  What about all the high compression stock cylinder motors then? However, it makes sense to put them on a trail pig with a massive motor. Anything to keep these things a little safer is worth it. 

Your absolutely right about the added protection. Even on my pump gas serval I run those ac pro pegs with heel guards. They are just a awesome and safe piece to have on the bike. I don’t like having to kick with my heel. I’d rather start it like I would normally ( middle of foot area) and my serval is easy to kick over. Way easier then the dm for sure. Are the alba nerfs ok? Yea they are not bad. But I just wouldn’t choose them over the ac