Installing new Chain

keeks707

Yeah, make sure your adjusters are where you want them first. I nearly pulled mine all the way in and then marked off where to cut.

Otherwise you might not have enough room to tighten the chain as it stretches. And you'll have to take off a couple more links for your next ride.

lol sorry about that but i forgot to mention i was running a 45 T rear sprocket just measure it and be presice and grind down the side of the one ur going to take off and punch it out..

post some pics of finished project

lol sorry about that but i forgot to mention i was running a 45 T rear sprocket just measure it and be presice and grind down the side of the one ur going to take off and punch it out..

post some pics of finished project

how many links should i cut cris? :shrug:

doesn't look like you have a stock swing arm so not sure how they react when compressed but i like to fully squat the rear before i adjust the chain. Then again i always get told my chain is loose when it's sitting there with no weight.

ps: 4 strokes are 2 strokes too many

Edited by 2smokefan

how many links should i cut cris? :shrug:

you shouldnt need to cut more than like a link or two just make sure u cut the right one, like imagine it will look like a female end after u get it off, i remember another chain i had before i put that one it was like a link too short for the sprocket

also just play with the slack adjustment kind eyeball it more or less with the slack

Edited by _Hex*

You'll just have to put the chain on your sprockets like you are going to install it, with your adjustment screws all of the way out, like mentioned earlier, and then see how many you need to take off. Its better to take one less than too many off because its harder to put a link back on than it is to take one off, especially if you dont have a chain tool. With Banshees crappy slack adjustment system, it is easy to either have to much slack or not enough with just one link in or out. Good luck.

Rusty

You'll just have to put the chain on your sprockets like you are going to install it, with your adjustment screws all of the way out, like mentioned earlier, and then see how many you need to take off. Its better to take one less than too many off because its harder to put a link back on than it is to take one off, especially if you dont have a chain tool. With Banshees crappy slack adjustment system, it is easy to either have to much slack or not enough with just one link in or out. Good luck.

Rusty

no it should just be one link its and setup i sold him, which has a round house carrier, i had the same gearing setup he has to and when i first when to install it for the 45t it was one link too short so he shouldnt have a problem if he just takes on out link