Motor

skylor

As some of you guys know I was haveing trouble with my shee only running on one cylinder well I rebuilt it and new coil wire and plugs cleaned the carbs al the good shit you know. Well even after all this it still was only on one cylinder well after I took it for a ride one day it came on both and stayed on both so I figured eh problem fixed you know? Well I was gonna go for a small ride with my friend one day well I was riding out across the field and it started bogging I figuered eh foued plugs well it would run but when you gave it gas it would barley rev but enough to still move the 4 wheeler well anyway I towed it home thinking nothing of it well today I decided to do a comp test much to my surprise my right cylinder is registering 60 psi cold with the throttle wide open but the left cylinder is almost 120 psi cold WOT. Idk whats going on with this thing I'm gonna tear into it and see what I find inside. Maybe my shee wasn't firing on both cylinders like I thought it was? any input on what might be going on or similar problems with a soulution would be much appreciated sorry for the long post and thanks for your time. Be safe guys Skylor

first off, try to use some punctuation in your posts. it will help people read your post easier and it will help you get more responses..

second, that 60psi is a problem. that isnt enough compression for your bike to be firing in that cylinder. sounds like you have a hole in your piston. tear it down and post some pictures or a good explanation as to what you find..

then you need to determine what caused this.. possibly a plugged carb? maybe something didnt get puck together right to begin with?

When I tore it apart the first time thinking thats why it wasn't runing to both cylinders I found like new pistons and no scoring? thats why I could never figure out why it was running on one cylinder.

So far I have the heads off and my right piston was hitting the dome? Main bearing? Time for a new cool head :biggrin:

well you dont need the whole head, just the dome.. why was it hitting the dome? i dont think its possible for the crank to move that much to where the piston would hit the dome. remember you have 2 bearings in the middle of the cases too. those would keep the crank stationary, even if the outer bearing went out.

have you noticed any unusual vibrating in the motor??

I'd say the ports weren't properly chamfered after the bore job. Will wreck a fresh top end just about as fast as anything. The marks in the head are from chunks of piston/rings that got smashed between the piston and head. I've seen people get away with running heads with damage like that, but I wouldn't recommend it. The sharp edges can heat up and act like a glow plug, causing pre ignition (detonation).

I'd say the ports weren't properly chamfered after the bore job. Will wreck a fresh top end just about as fast as anything. The marks in the head are from chunks of piston/rings that got smashed between the piston and head. I've seen people get away with running heads with damage like that, but I wouldn't recommend it. The sharp edges can heat up and act like a glow plug, causing pre ignition (detonation).

word.