did leakdown today....still lean?

i know man, it doesnt make sence to me either lol. I did two leakdowns and it held its 6psi for 6 mins. :woot:

some synthetic oils dont leave as dark 2mm rings, but for your mods listed your rich, iv got the same setup but with toomeys and i only run 320s and im rich

is there ANYTHING to do with the carbs i could have wrong causing it to run lean? passed leakdown, running correct mixture, correct plugs, and have FAT jetting....the only thing i can think of is that something is screwed with the carbs causing it to suck to much air??? im stumped

is there ANYTHING to do with the carbs i could have wrong causing it to run lean? passed leakdown, running correct mixture, correct plugs, and have FAT jetting....the only thing i can think of is that something is screwed with the carbs causing it to suck to much air??? im stumped

You said it happened right after cleaning the air filters? Maybe you got dirt or sand in the carbs and its clogging one of the circuits. I'd pull the carbs,open them up and pull the jets and spray carbcleaner and blow out all circuits and use air also...

You said it happened right after cleaning the air filters? Maybe you got dirt or sand in the carbs and its clogging one of the circuits. I'd pull the carbs,open them up and pull the jets and spray carbcleaner and blow out all circuits and use air also...

That is what I was thinking too...

Rip 'em off!

That is what I was thinking too...

Rip 'em off!

Check your floats when you tear them down and if i remember you said that it was leaking out one of the carbs over flow? Might need to do a rebuild on one of them or an air leak.

Edited by GrMeyer

Look Im no expert on jetting but the way i jetted my banshee wen i check my plugs doing the 6th gear kill kill it, I get a nice dull white with a little light brown at the bottom. it runs fine at a good temp. as long as you have no freckles in the color you should be fine.

chevshee