LS Trip

jet mech

What's up, I seen yall talking about LS and I have never been. We were planning a lake Murray trip next weekend, but now I want to go to LS.

I have a few questions I wanted to ask;

Is it all dunes or do they have trails also?

Are sand tires a must? (my homie does not have any, but still wants to go)

Flags and holder cost at the park?

Any MUST have items besides typical riding and camping gear?

sand tires are a must, no exceptions you will not have fun without them. they do rent paddles for a small fee. flags are about 12-14 bucks. there are lots and lots of trails

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thx man, that will help me sell the idea to the others.....lol..we camp a lot so I think we have all that covered. It is still up in the air if I will be able to make it out. We had already planned a weekend trip to Lake Murray and some of the people going might not be able to make last minute changes. 5.5 hours away is little further than what we had planned out.

Where Still in.

We got site 5b in Don's area.

Still going if weather permits!

I'll be looking out for y'all then. I can't wait to go!

Me and my buddy will be in a white GMC Regency with Black 20's. It will be pullin my banshee in the sig and his black Honda 450r with a jacked up bumper. haha

Hey Gdub we are heading down to LS oct 23rd-26th. It will be my first sand trip as well. Head on up man, I will be the only banshee in my group. Unless Loco is rollin????!!!!

Damn it, the weekend of the 23rd I am in Little Rock for a Tattoo Convention. We got a booth set up for the tattoo shop. I am the only shee in my group aswell. That would be fresh.

im still looking for someone in the tulsa area to go with, dont feel like driving it alone. although it would be peacefull i still need to split gas to get there...although economy keeps getting worse and the gas keeps going down i might be able to afford to go by my self lol

Get ahold of Dave Noss at NOSS MACHINE he is right outside Tulsa he needs to get his Banshee out and shake off the cobwebs. ( he is the guy that builds the cool heads)

Get ahold of Dave Noss at NOSS MACHINE he is right outside Tulsa he needs to get his Banshee out and shake off the cobwebs. ( he is the guy that builds the cool heads)

heh, i just looked his website up. my uncle and aunt and cousin live in hominy, small town of like 1000 people i bet they know him.

I used to go to little sahara all the time without paddles and still had fun..just gotta watch where you ride a little more. Also depends what kinda tires you have on.

you dont own a banshee anymore, you have no opinion besides bashing. plus it wouldnt be nearly as much fun cause if your friends have paddles and you dont they'd always be leaving you in the dust, you'd be getting stuck on every hill unless you hit it with speed and youd always be at full throttle. i dont see the fun in that at all? hell iv gotten stuck on hills even with paddles i couldnt imagine making it up any without...

Edited by magz

Sweet little 5lb 7oz baby jesus im ready! not so much for the 40 degree's though.. thats some cold shit right there :ermm: better break out the long johns in sport them mofo's lol

Riding out there wo paddles is possible, ive done it but as magz said u will get stuck a shitload, left behind. Anythings better than not riding but the paddles will make it funner and a whole lot easier on you and your motor.

you dont own a banshee anymore, you have no opinion besides bashing. plus it wouldnt be nearly as much fun cause if your friends have paddles and you dont they'd always be leaving you in the dust, you'd be getting stuck on every hill unless you hit it with speed and youd always be at full throttle. i dont see the fun in that at all? hell iv gotten stuck on hills even with paddles i couldnt imagine making it up any without...

He has a little 350 so we leave him no matter what. I have paddles I got off Tyler on here. Some places we ride have sandy trails it is not a must to have paddles, just a plus. But it sounds like on the open dunes it is a different story.

After talking it over, we are going to plan it out for another weekend. I won't be able to make it up next weekend. And I am busy the rest of the month. I think by the time we do go, he will have paddles. Might shoot for a weekend in early Nov.

its supposed to rain up untill that thursday so people with out paddles might be ok,,,I know ive been there on wet sand without paddles on a 400ex and did pretty good,if its dry sand its gonna be ruff without paddles....I was not at this sandfest but was last year (07)