Dirt...No screws=screwed! Help!

snowprophet1

Dirt drags, here's my setup that works good for me so far... R6 crotch rocket shock in rear, SRX 700 shocks in front (w/ or w/o chains per track) and 20" holeshots w/500 screws per tire. 75hp., 3 1/2" longer swingarm. Last night were some dirt drags w/real hard dirt/clay track (fairgrounds), where we weren't allowed to run screws. I put on my 18" american racers (sd 23 compound) and they spun the whole 300' on and off the throttle, sitting all the way back on the seat. I would have been crushed by a blaster! I took them right off and put on my brand new 20" Ohtsu's. Still horrible and spun all the way, but a little better than the american racers. I do have a rear adjustable strut I've never put on yet to try, but hoping somebody could help me w/a good tire choice, shock, or strut combo. I have the R6 shock spring and comp adjustments cranked all the way, and is probably still too plush for drags. Maybe a heavier spring or major dampening changes needed.

If I can't run screws, how can I get ANY traction? I look like the slowest guy there, when the week before somewhere else I took 1st place w/screws! HELP! :banghead:

As for a soft dirt track, I am going to order the 4snows or pro wedges come monday. What works better w/those tires...8" for more sidewall flex, or 9" for less rotating tire mass? I was guessing the 9" run with low pressure? What ever setup works best I'll go with. Thanks everyone!