HELP! just got banshee, what next?

dragbanshee98

just got a 98 banshee few days ago. has wiseco pistons bored 20 thousandths over, cpi inframe pipes with silencers, v force 2 reeds, +4 swingarm, new clutch, k&n single air filter, and 10 paddle hauler tires. alkl else is stock... need help on what to do for mods next... not looking to spend alot of money, but looking to run with the open mod drag classes... appreciate any help i can get

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what is a mr fusion kit? where do i find one of these??? the open mod class has no limits other than no porting is allowed, and the stock frame must still be used, other than that, there are really no limits... would it worthwhile to get a mod tranny, and can i do it for under 1000 dollars???

if one of the machines is suspicious of being out of class, it is tore down and looked over... it sucks real bad to have it happen cause it takes you out of the rest of the class and maybe even the next, i have had it happen wheni tryed to get my mod raptor into the bolt on class... it can and does happen alot... the series that i am in is very strict about people cutting corners with the rules....

any other help that people can give me on simple mods to gain ground on the big dogs would help alot

I would start by getting the Mr. Fusion kit. It increases horsepower by 45%, it's a bolt on kit too, no major fab work is necessary. I've been using it for a few months now, I love it. :thumbsup:

hey i got my fusion kit monday and i have been tring to figure out how

in the heck to adapt it to my intakes. I have it bolted on and there are

(2) hoses: one has a triangle symbol on it. where do the hoses go?

the instructions say that you pull the spark plugs out and thread a hose

barb into the holes and hook these hoses up to them? :sad:

hey i got my fusion kit monday and i have been tring to figure out how

in the heck to adapt it to my intakes. I have it bolted on and there are

(2) hoses: one has a triangle symbol on it. where do the hoses go?

the instructions say that you pull the spark plugs out and thread a hose

barb into the holes and hook these hoses up to them? :sad:

Those hoses go to the flux plugs. You should have gotten two male fittings that screw into your existing spark plug holes, and you'll screw your flux plugs into those fittings. The flux plugs are not included, you'll have to buy those separately. A lot of folks look at me crazy when I tell them about Mr. Fusion, but it really made my bike fly. Don't forget to hook up a 1.0 microfarad capacitor inline with the power source, sometimes it needs that extra juice to completely atomize the fuel.

I picked mine up from ALBA

Those hoses go to the flux plugs. You should have gotten two male fittings that screw into your existing spark plug holes, and you'll screw your flux plugs into those fittings. The flux plugs are not included, you'll have to buy those separately. A lot of folks look at me crazy when I tell them about Mr. Fusion, but it really made my bike fly. Don't forget to hook up a 1.0 microfarad capacitor inline with the power source, sometimes it needs that extra juice to completely atomize the fuel.

I picked mine up from ALBA

yeah i got the fittings that screw into the domes. the one i got didnt come with a capacitor,

its got a transformer on it. all the friggin instructions are in spanish or french and i can not

read them. mine is hitting the frame and gas tank on the right side.

i dont think i have it mounted upside down. i have it to where the

feed tube is directly underneath the seat?

You must have the newer version w/ the transformer, it's an upgraded piece from the capacitor version. I had to shim mine to clear the tank but have no problems clearing the frame, maybe its because of the aftermarket chassis. I used a small 1/8" piece of aluminum to shim it, you can pick up the metal for the shims at lowes. Other than it hitting in those couple spots, it sounds like you have it installed correctly, the feed tube should be under the seat, about the same spot your air filters would be.

You guys aren't even right.....

Open class that allows everything except porting??

Simple... Slam the bike to the ground, get a big shot of NOS...and hope your motor holds up long enough to win a class so the payout can be used to fix the motor....

I've never heard of an open drag class that doesn't allow porting...that's like wiping before you poop.

You must have the newer version w/ the transformer, it's an upgraded piece from the capacitor version. I had to shim mine to clear the tank but have no problems clearing the frame, maybe its because of the aftermarket chassis. I used a small 1/8" piece of aluminum to shim it, you can pick up the metal for the shims at lowes. Other than it hitting in those couple spots, it sounds like you have it installed correctly, the feed tube should be under the seat, about the same spot your air filters would be.

is there some kind of break-in prodcedure for this thing?

there appears to be some kind of a purge valve on the side of the unit.

it has a timer on it to where you can set it to automatically purge.

actually it isnt the unit itself hitting the frame, its the solenoid that

activates the shredder unit that fits under the seat. You shimmed that

piece?