stupid shirt star

Pardee208

I was at silver lake saturday and i was dragging mostly all day. i was doing 2nd gear starts and speed shifing, coming out of 3rd, my shifter would be stuck up! i had this problem before so i bought a new shifter assembly. i have a modded shift star and i think that the dowels are too big in diameter so the C shaped lever wont spring back to catch another gear. my question is should i attempt to turn down those little dowels? or throw the SHIT STAR away?? :wallbash:

I was at silver lake saturday and i was dragging mostly all day. i was doing 2nd gear starts and speed shifing, coming out of 3rd, my shifter would be stuck up! i had this problem before so i bought a new shifter assembly. i have a modded shift star and i think that the dowels are too big in diameter so the C shaped lever wont spring back to catch another gear. my question is should i attempt to turn down those little dowels? or throw the SHIT STAR away?? :wallbash:

I just had to see what this shirt star was about, I see! shift star. Dont know anything about them but I would like to get something to help it out on mine, sorry no help here.

rebuild your shift shaft. The pins on the star are exactly the same thing as before the modded star. They only smooth the tops off the star to make it turn easier. Nothing is done to the pins

http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=132

this is a BRAND NEW shift shaft, only one ride on it (saturday) no matter how much you adjust the cam adjustment it still hangs up, i had the problem after i put the modded shift star in it, so i figured it was the shaft, so jeff sent me new shaft, springs, and that cam screw adjustment deal.

so my question for you is what does jeff do to modify the shaft? my guess is make the "C" part of it wider? and of course the new spring

haha Yes SHIFT STAR. NICE SHIRT THOUGH! ID WEAR IT :down:

Edited by Pardee208