Porting question

So I want to do my own porting, but I dont exactly know how much to take out and where exactly to cut. I know you guys have gone over it before and im sure this wont be the last time cuz someone else will probably ask this same question, but I've heard of stencils you can use to port your engine where would I buy one of these. Also I am going to run Wiseco pro-lite pistons and I know ypur suppose to like port the engine to the pistons so how would I do that and what other tips can you guys give me

So I want to do my own porting, but I dont exactly know how much to take out and where exactly to cut. I know you guys have gone over it before and im sure this wont be the last time cuz someone else will probably ask this same question, but I've heard of stencils you can use to port your engine where would I buy one of these. Also I am going to run Wiseco pro-lite pistons and I know ypur suppose to like port the engine to the pistons so how would I do that and what other tips can you guys give me

Ever done any type of porting before, I think theres a lot more to it than what you may think. I have seen something on ebay about porting some type of video or a download for like $6 but you never know. Good luck!

Yeah I think theres more to it too but yeah a little like clean-up porting, But I may reconsider and just have it done I just would like to know how to do it!

First get some information and data regarding port heights and port duration times. Use a digital vernier to measue with.

Clean up the intake and concentrate on the boost ports. They make for a better middle range. Take some of the exhaust port, for greater top power.

if your going to do it your self then i would do very little, first u need the pistons, put them and the jugs on the motor mark them both on the top with a small scribe line then remove them, put the pistons in the jugs line up your marks and then center the ports in the head with the ports in the piston, scribe a line to match the port with the piston. then match port them but dont take away any more then u need to. match porting can help alot for little work and little money, and its safe because your not changing the timing of things. then grind the center to a point smooth air flows faster then air that is runing into things, plus get a better reed cage. the exaust side, you can ruin the jugs eays by taking to much off the top. so to be safe u can go just very little wider but i would just stick to making things smother like were the sleve meets the casting. and barley and i stress barley round the shap edge of the sleve. thats all i would do if your going to do things your self. many would be suprised how much more rpm's and power that simple and safe porting can do, any more then that needs to be done by a pro a good pro one that has lost count of how many jugs they have tossed in the trash.

someone please correct me if im wrong (someone that realy knows what they are talking about)

i got that cd off of ebay for the $6 and its junk. only tells you the stuff you already know....smooth exhaust, match sleeve ports to casting ports, etc. i just ported my own shee 2 weeks ago with the stage 3 race logic template. it took me 11.5 hours. it made a noticable difference in power. pulls like a mutha in midrange and top. if you have the tools, a steady hand, and know what changes to "this" or "that" will or will not do, then go for it. thing is, you can't smooth everything, ports will need to be deburred, and cylinders need to be honed after porting. so, there are some little things that you will need to know, when doing the work yourself. another thing is to have a port job that compliments the pipes you are running, and the type of riding that you do.