Think I blew it up, first time had it running

I had my shee jetted rich just to go through some heat cycles. I let it idle for about 20 min. I came inside for about 10 minutes and when I went back outside, there was coolant all on the floor (came out of overflow) and oil shot out of the right silencer all in the floor. I took my plugs out and the right side looks WAY rich and the left looks decent (I was doing a plug chop and I broke the right plug, so..no pics). I took my water pump cover off and only about 4 ounces of coolant came out. I tried to spin my impeller and it wouldn't, is it suppose to spin freely? It's the stock impeller btw. Do yall think I blew it up? I'm so bummed, I've been building it since December and finally got my jets in the mail today. :shoothead:

I wanted to see what yall though before I take the head off and look at the pistons. Gol, I don't know what to do. :sad:

I had my shee jetted rich just to go through some heat cycles. I let it idle for about 20 min. I came inside for about 10 minutes and when I went back outside, there was coolant all on the floor (came out of overflow) and oil shot out of the right silencer all in the floor. I took my plugs out and the right side looks WAY rich and the left looks decent (I was doing a plug chop and I broke the right plug, so..no pics). I took my water pump cover off and only about 4 ounces of coolant came out. I tried to spin my impeller and it wouldn't, is it suppose to spin freely? It's the stock impeller btw. Do yall think I blew it up? I'm so bummed, I've been building it since December and finally got my jets in the mail today. :shoothead:

I wanted to see what yall though before I take the head off and look at the pistons. Gol, I don't know what to do. :sad:

So you left your bike running for 30 minutes total?

Every she on the planet needs air moving through the rad. The litlle teeny impellar cant do that at an idle for 25 min. The impellar wont move with youre fingers it connected to the crank (ie, the white gear on the back of the impellar). Just check the comp. make sure it all good, and never EVER do that again. BTW, jetting rich will get it hot faster, just like lean.

Edited by C&B

Every she on the planet needs air moving through the rad. The litlle teeny impellar cant do that at an idle for 25 min. The impellar wont move with youre fingers it connected to the crank (ie, the white gear on the back of the impellar). Just check the comp. make sure it all good, and never EVER do that again. BTW, jetting rich will get it hot faster, just like lean.

^^ Really good advice, couldnt have said it better.

He's right do the comp check, sounds like it just overheated and your carbs arent synched. Shees can't idle that long.

:sweat: Dang, I hope you guys are right. How does everyone do heat cycles if you can't let it idle for that long at a time? :confused: Well I sold my pipes just a second ago, so I will have to wait to check the compression...dangit it gonna bother the crap out of me. Are ya'll almost positive it didn't blow up? I can still turn the engine over. Would it blow out oil just from getting hot. Thanks so much for the help guys, I've been worries sick. :cool:

how do you do heat cylces? you RIDE IT!!! holy fuck... are you serious!?!! ride it for a couple mins.. shut it off.. ride for a few minutes shrt it off.. keep doing that for about an hour or so... and you dont want to jet it rich, just mix the oil a little heavier, also make sure u arent using a synthetic oil otherwise it wont break in properly.. once it has ran through the first tank of that gas it should be pretty much fully broken in

My bad dickhead :down:

are you running a cool head or anything? Make sure it is on correctly and the o-rings are seated. I went through this issue with mine and sold it off for a milled and re-chambered head. O-rings were just a PITA to get seated for some reason. Your going to have to pull the head either way so see if you burned a hole in the top of one of your pistons or possibly seized a ring.

Nah, just factory milled head. I've already pulled the head and jugs, the pistons would move a little bit side to side but look fine :sad: It's my first two stroke. Everyone has always told me heat cycles are letting it idle, cool down, idle, then let it eat. I know now. I guess this is a major (depressing) learning experience. I'll be getting a billet impeller for sure this go around and not let it idle so long. Thanks to everyone who gave me advice. And to speedy for just trying to make my day even worse :shrug:, guess some people are just assholes.

Dude, You gotta have thick skin if you are going to lay it all out on the line... We all do dumb shit

and ask, or have asked dumb questions... Just put-er back together man, Sheel run again bro...

It's not like your dog died... Although it feels like it sometimes... Mine's still not running an its getting

old! My wife is going to divorce me if I keep staying in the garage until 2AM... :blush:

Hang in there...

Oh... and if you warped your head I got an 06 stocker with about 10 hours on it...

Edited by mdhc500