what are you guys running for gearing?

i have the smallest rear sprocket (i think a 40 or 41 tooth) available from parts unlimited for my shee and a 15 tooth front sprocket. all the mods to my shee are in my sig. it seems to pull great, but hits top end too quick. seems like my gearing could be taller. what do you guys think and run for gearing on your ported shee's?

i have the smallest rear sprocket (i think a 40 or 41 tooth) available from parts unlimited for my shee and a 15 tooth front sprocket. all the mods to my shee are in my sig. it seems to pull great, but hits top end too quick. seems like my gearing could be taller. what do you guys think and run for gearing on your ported shee's?

i think its more about were and how you ride i always used stock 14-41 wirh 20-10, 10 cup haulers, and now i have ben riding at st anthony's and the sand is very soft and dunes are steep going up some of the steeper dunes i pull 3rd, thats ok but unless i stop down hill i cant get moving with out dumping the clutch hard, and some times i need to feather the clutch, thats how soft the sand is there, much softer then dumont or glamis. and i never had the room to open up even 5th gear. so to make things not so hard on my clutch and for the steeper dunes im going down to 13-41, i like to race up hills and 4th is just to much on most dunes here but going to a smaller front sprocket should bring the gearing closer together. stock 450's will only pull choke cherry in second gear. 5000 feet above sea leval you lose app. 30 psi compresion and 30% of your power thats 20% from half your power, my sons 4 valve 250 is a waste here wont go up crap, but it will go up anything at dumont, 4 pokers just cant pop in a smaller dome, thats why bolt on 450 dont have a chance agenst a bolt on shee here.

hmm if you are in the sand you must be running small tires in the back like 20x10x10 because even tho its ported, unless you are fully decked out drag 350 a 16 is i think way to big for any tires like 21 haulers or 22 haulers usually a fair combo for 21 is 14/43 or 22 14/45 for a 350 IMO

i ran mine at 17/42 for awhile, then i went to 16/42. The 17/42 is very similar to your 16/40 it was hard to get it moving (if i was drag racing) i would have to beat the hell out of the thing to not bog it. it was fun once it got moving though. You should be fine unless you do a lot of holeshots. right now I'm at 17/41 now with a 1-5 override on asphalt.

I'm 6'3", 260#, and do mainly trail riding. I'm running 14/40, w/20" Holeshot hd's (closer to 22" actual size)