Boss Aluminum parts vs. Lone Star Racing Aluminum parts

peterlocal22

the third was the tire situation... thats the one i said you already knew...

the tube didnt just "shift" during shipping. i didnt just "move" to install the axle. the tube was damn near locked in place. I have had 2 other carriers as well and both of them the tube would move by pushing it by hand. this was not the case by any means. I put a wooden pry bar in there and it still didnt budge. I finally got one end close enogh that i was able to slide the axle on it, then using a rubber mallet hit the carrier down on the axle to force the tube in place.

Dave I am not a fool to think that this is in anyway going to sway your ideas of his products, but the simple fact of the matter is his products cost the same amount as other brands (not buying through your hookup of course) and they are not by any means held to the same degree of standards to inspect them and insure they are done properly.

Only one of the problems would have been a weekend stopper, but you shouldnt have to worry about little stuff when you buy a products either... Ya I understand you cant catch everything, but three issues with only buying three items from them?

Ahh...the tire situation.

Well...let me explain that for anyone else reading, since that is NOT a BOSS issue.

BOSS Purchased tires from Skat Trak, and was told they were triple buffs. BOSS being a machinist and not a tire expert, took their word for it, shipped the tires and spindle mount tires to you. Which, you purchased at my cost.

The tires weren't triple buffed as claimed by Skat Track to Boss, then to you ...

So...once they were discovered they weren't, I gave you the option of getting the correct tires in exhange, or issuing a full refund for the tires. I did ask you to drive to Skat Trak to verify they were wrong. You called instead, and they verified it...which, good for you...I wasn't sure what kind of help they could offer over the phone. Again, they are the tire experts.

You chose the refund, which I did promptly...within hours. It took paypal a few days to process...but it was issued in a few hours.

I'm with you on the valve stem leaking because of the hole not being chamfered. And this is the first I've heard of that.

So...let's get it straight for everyone reading. 2 times, 2 issues. If you want to blame skat track for selling one thing but saying it's another, so be it. And I was very honest with you, refunded out of my own pocket....and they're already exchanged and sold to someone else.

The bearing carrier is a simple and easy fix....Probably took less than 10 minutes and it was because the bearings were pressed too tight against the sleeve....

Let's get to the real deal...

Any of this stuff fail on you, break...come apart?

I'm sure I can buy anything and nit pick the living shit out of it....and FIND Flaws in anything...

You're going to find when building custom bikes, you have to do this kind of thing. Nothing is bolt on....if you really expect everything to be perfect, buy OEM.

Greg...you bought a set of "polished" stainless bolts off ebay for your bike for about half the price of everyone else's kit, and your complaint was they're weren't "polished enough"...regardless of being half the price...

Is it possible your bar is just a little high for the prices you're willing to pay?

I'm not trying to hoe you out...but facts are facts....

Ahh...the tire situation.

Well...let me explain that for anyone else reading, since that is NOT a BOSS issue.

BOSS Purchased tires from Skat Trak, and was told they were triple buffs. BOSS being a machinist and not a tire expert, took their word for it, shipped the tires and spindle mount tires to you. Which, you purchased at my cost.

The tires weren't triple buffed as claimed by Skat Track to Boss, then to you ...

So...once they were discovered they weren't, I gave you the option of getting the correct tires in exhange, or issuing a full refund for the tires. I did ask you to drive to Skat Trak to verify they were wrong. You called instead, and they verified it...which, good for you...I wasn't sure what kind of help they could offer over the phone. Again, they are the tire experts.

You chose the refund, which I did promptly...within hours. It took paypal a few days to process...but it was issued in a few hours.

I'm with you on the valve stem leaking because of the hole not being chamfered. And this is the first I've heard of that.

So...let's get it straight for everyone reading. 2 times, 2 issues. If you want to blame skat track for selling one thing but saying it's another, so be it. And I was very honest with you, refunded out of my own pocket....and they're already exchanged and sold to someone else.

The bearing carrier is a simple and easy fix....Probably took less than 10 minutes and it was because the bearings were pressed too tight against the sleeve....

Let's get to the real deal...

Any of this stuff fail on you, break...come apart?

I'm sure I can buy anything and nit pick the living shit out of it....and FIND Flaws in anything...

You're going to find when building custom bikes, you have to do this kind of thing. Nothing is bolt on....if you really expect everything to be perfect, buy OEM.

Greg...you bought a set of "polished" stainless bolts off ebay for your bike for about half the price of everyone else's kit, and your complaint was they're weren't "polished enough"...regardless of being half the price...

Is it possible your bar is just a little high for the prices you're willing to pay?

I'm not trying to hoe you out...but facts are facts....

I'm not trying to bash anyone here, but I think most of us know what B2B and SLS mean. There written on the side of brand new tires. Greg please correct me if I'm wrong. I dont own any boss products, so as far as the quality I could not tell you.

Did the tires and rims come mounted? If so...the rims were taken to Skat Trak....then mounted.

If the tires came in a separate box....they were packaged at Skat trak and sent with the rims.

If they all came in one box, tires and rims....BOSS Simply didn't catch it and sold them on good faith they were what he asked for.

I'm pretty sure I've made a mistake or two in my life...and it's not the mistake...it's how and what you do to correct it.

I bent over backwards to correct it.

I know Greg is not upset with me, nor am I with him...I just think it's pretty bad to nit pick something so minor and expect everything to be perfect while receiving deep discounts.

If the products go bad or fail....I will stand behind you 100%.

To chamfer holes and move a crush sleeve, 20 minutes of work??

I have his intakes, solid spindle mounts, stem clamp...had his bowls on my last set of 39PWKs....no fitment or quality issues.

I can tell you I got his spindle mounts off a dealer, the welds on one wheel are different than the other.

It is not very noticable unless you are specifically looking. The two wheels came off different product lines.

Here's my point. I got them off ebay for over 70 dollars cheaper than MY COST on the wheels, I didn't even buy them from BOSS direct...so, am I bitching? Nope....

the fact that you got me a killer deal makes no differance in how they are made though is kinda my point. Even if I had bought them at full price this wouldn't have insured that they didnt have the same problems.

The tires came mounted on the rims.

The bolt kit was fr from half the cost, but thats a totally differant issue. So I am a perfectionist? And? I pay top dollar for just about everything I buy, and I do it for a reason, the quality and finish. I have gotten a few things latley for "discount" and it helped me to remember why they are "discounted"

I have learned quite a bit about Boss recently, Not sure if you know about the same stuff or not but I will keep that off line for now until it has become the right time.

I'm sure I know a bit more.

Let me guess...they get their metals and products from China? 100% FALSE.

There are quite a few people not happy with him because he can offer the products he does at a substantially cheaper cost because of his business model, not quality of parts.....

Post up what you want...but you need to be 100% positive is true and accurate information, not hater second hand info...

Peter, or anyone for that matter....if you wish to order the products from me, let me know.

I stand behind them 100%. As Greg knows...I refunded his money out of my pocket for tires that weren't right.

If I would've known the valve stem holes needed to be chamfered, I would've sent him free sand paper or a small file....and a 60 lb Mexican in a flat rate box to file them smooth.....

:yelrotflmao:

Edited by dajogejr

I have had three problems (two with one item) with three of the products I got from them. They need better quality control.

I have also had a couple quality issues with them. Out of respect for Dave's endeavors, I won't bother saying anything here as both problems I had a few years ago. :thumbsup:

If I would've known the valve stem holes needed to be chamfered, I would've sent him free sand paper or a small file....and a 60 lb Mexican in a flat rate box to file them smooth.....

:yelrotflmao:

How about a midget pirate hooker from El Slavador? They don't have any Mexican's left in Mexico (according to the guys I used to work with), so you wouldn't want the little guy to feel out of place in San Diego. :biggrin: