Considering buying a 4mil...

Hey I'm considering buying a 4mil but the only thing that has caught my attention is that the cub motor is on it's 3rd plating right now. Do you think it's worth buying the quad for 5K or do you think I'm going to end up just putting a new cub in it down the road? If I end up putting in a new cub do I have to get the crank rebuilt as well?

Cub cylinders are not steel lined like oem and when the platers plate the cylinder comes back the same size that it was when you sent it to them. So it really dont matter if its on its 20 replate most likely still 65 or 68mm bore so that wouldnt be my concern. My concern would be why it has blew up 3 times??

I dont know, the bikes a '97 and he said that he has about 40 hours on the cub.. I thought about getting a different bike but this one has a lot of money invested into it (swingarm, shock, etc.) If I did buy the bike, I'm going to send the cub to have it dune ported but do you think it's even worth doing that or should I just buy a new cub and have it ported when I buy it? My biggest concern is how long the crank is going to last me, I don't want to have to rebuild that soon after I get a new cub

I dont know, the bikes a '97 and he said that he has about 40 hours on the cub.. I thought about getting a different bike but this one has a lot of money invested into it (swingarm, shock, etc.) If I did buy the bike, I'm going to send the cub to have it dune ported but do you think it's even worth doing that or should I just buy a new cub and have it ported when I buy it? My biggest concern is how long the crank is going to last me, I don't want to have to rebuild that soon after I get a new cub

The nickasil is very tuff stuff unless you crash the motor it will last a long time. Cubs are cast with a dune/drag oriented port job the 68x58 really doesnt need much porting. As far as the bike lasting theres no telling you can build a brand new motor and have it fail, its mechanical, its not if its going to break its when, sooner or later the motor will need something.