best suspension set up for highspeed trail riding and gncc type racing

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had the same problem. i was trying t find the set of a arms and shocks that kept me high of the ground. There are so many choices. i went with asr a arms and axis shocks dual rate. real happy with my choice. I went with asr because im always denting a arms on rocks etc and i didnt want to spend a 1000 bucks on a arms that were going to get trashed. i did go with some real nice shocks because i figured it was a good investment.

my buddy runs lone star racing a arms and there real nice and keep you high of the ground as well but there expensive. he also runs axis shocks. i think he runs +2+1 i run +3+1.

hope this helps.

pm me with any questions.

if you decide to go with asr let me know i have a pretty good relationship with mike over there.

good luck.

oh ya almost forgot to keep your bike high off the ground will be from the shocks so find a set that works for your conditions. for example i wouldnt go with an mx shock that has alot of sag because this will keep your bike lower to the ground.

check out works they have some nice shocks for good deals.

I do the riding you said you do too and Im going to 1 AWRCS Race this year and I went with Lonestar Racing a arms because they are beefy and tough as all hell and Elka Elites all around with a LT rear Elka on their LT Linkage. Its crazy how good iit handels couldent have asked for more.

does your front have lots of ground clearence cause i dont wont something that sits low like a mx bike i wont the front end up off the ground but that rearend long travel sounds good how much do those shocks go for cause elkas are super high but i might be able to find a set on fleabay and also how much moding does it take on the stock swinger to fit that rear long travel linkege setup

Edited by mississippi banshee

im pretty sure the rear set up is around $1500 but pm washburn he will know for sure.

as for my front end i will get you a measurement and a pic but its going to take about a week because im away from the shee.

almost forgot when you get your front shocks go with dual rate. they work best for the banshee due to its shock length.

Edited by peterlocal22

1500 for just tha rear thats way to much maybe i can find that setup used for cheaper but my main thing is to find a shock that i can jump on and not bottom out but still be soft enough to take care of the smaller bumps on the trail and try to roll on me in turns

The rear banshee shock is an awsome shock... Maybe if anything send it to works to get the heart transplant and set for your exact weight n style. As for the front ASR's dude, you wont be disapionted. I just got the whole front end and wow. I'm using some Works triple rates right now and all I do is woods race. I'd say its 30X's better than stock. Im sure those Axis shocks are even nicer. But the best thing about the ASR Arms is the adjustability you get out of them. If you go with them let me know, I can help you dial them in for fast light handling thru woods.

Good choice man, just make sure your get a set of 4 and 1 offset front rims if your going with +3 + 1 A arms... This way your still only about +2. I actually would have went +2 + 1 but I already had my 4 and 1 wheels. I am only telling you this because its a lot of money to spend and you should really consider how your setup will effect your riding style. If your racing woods like me (or riding anything like a gncc race like you mentioned) your not gonna want to run stock offset wheels (3 and 2) with + 3 + 1 a arms.... Youll be motocross wide which isnt ideal for tight woods at all. Just something to think about. :fakenopic:

Also, I havent ever had a prob with works shocks... But they certainly arent as well built as axis. (you get what you pay for when It comes to shocks) But you can save alot of money by not getting every upgrade you can on your shocks from works. If you want adjustable compression and rebound you might want to save up some serious cash ma man.... But judging by your origanal post, I dont think you need all that... You just need a better than stock shock to get you handleling better

hearing that iam glad i did not order my arms yet so i will go with the +2 +1 setup and my friend is trying to sell me some elkas and told me that i can send them in and have them rebuilt to my specs and riding is that true because he is giving me a great deal on them and on another note that girl in your avatar is HOT

Haha.. Yea she is, I'll tell her you complimented her... Anyway your boy hooking you up with a good deal on shocks is awsome. Thats how I got my shocks to. (probably the only way I would have gotten fully adjustable shocks!) Well glad I could help dude, post some pics when you get your suspension togaether.... And if you need a hand setting your camber and caster let me know... I'll make you able to hang with Honda's geometry