best suspension set up for highspeed trail riding and gncc type racing

i cant believe some of the money people put into suspensions to ride gncc type stuff that dont even have skidplates, thats crazy i think

i couldnt imagine having a set of $1200 elkas sitting on $700-800 a arms,just hangin out exposed to everything gettin bashed by stumps and rocks, get some a -arms with skidplates!!!!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would be really shocked if they didnt run a rear, belly and a arm skid plates? not only to protect there exp. equip. but also so they didnt get hooked up on stumps anr rocks.

im actually considering buying some a arm skids in the next week or two. still trying to figure out all the pros and cons

Edited by peterlocal22

I have ASR a-arms on my bike, they are okay nothing special, i did bend some stuff and i gave mike a call and had them replaced free of charge..

I also have front g-series works shocks and i had the rear rebuilt by works, called a heart transplant, set up for my weight and riding style and I love the rear shocks it a night and day differnce and i believe its was only like $350 with a new spring aswell..

good luck dude

Skid plates are over rated.. Gncc and AGP (the local circut) Is all I ride.... I ding up arms here and there on rocks but who doesnt? The real threat is clipping a tree @ 40 mph in a trail.... In which case a skid plate is useless.... If you know how to ride/ race gncc terrain (put your tires front on the biggest obstacles all the time) then theres just no need to strap skid plates all over your suspension. Now a good set of shock guards up front, rear sprocket/brake hub skidplate are neccesary

lol, ya i agree a dent in a set of 800 dollar a arms would suck thats why i think i might throw some on.

do you run them?

if so what kind?

peter

yea i have armadillo ones, the a arm skids were only $70, they will only fit armadillo a arms though, they are weird shaped a arms

id definitly try to find some a-arms to protect your investment though and like you said stops from gettin hung up on shit too

Skid plates are over rated.. Gncc and AGP (the local circut) Is all I ride.... I ding up arms here and there on rocks but who doesnt? The real threat is clipping a tree @ 40 mph in a trail.... In which case a skid plate is useless.... If you know how to ride/ race gncc terrain (put your tires front on the biggest obstacles all the time) then theres just no need to strap skid plates all over your suspension. Now a good set of shock guards up front, rear sprocket/brake hub skidplate are neccesary

you ding up arms, but who doesnt? ,,people with skid plates on them.. sorry to be a sarcastic dick, but...

so what are you saying, you just dodge everything like superman? do you also not run an engine skid plate and dodge all those too? haha, sorry, get real

i understand how to ""put my front tires on the biggest obstacles, thanks for explaining that,yes i know how to ride... " no need to strap skid plates all over suspension" if there was no need you wouldnt be denting your a arms all the time like u said..?

the only necessary skid plate is one for the sprocket and rotor? interesting..

you ding up arms, but who doesnt? ,,people with skid plates on them.. sorry to be a sarcastic dick, but...

so what are you saying, you just dodge everything like superman? do you also not run an engine skid plate and dodge all those too? haha, sorry, get real

i understand how to ""put my front tires on the biggest obstacles, thanks for explaining that,yes i know how to ride... " no need to strap skid plates all over suspension" if there was no need you wouldnt be denting your a arms all the time like u said..?

the only necessary skid plate is one for the sprocket and rotor? interesting..

Yes, sarcastic dick.... I have never ran motor or full frame skids.... (been ridin since I was 6 yrs old) And I ride the shit out of my bike, on all types of terrain... And have done so for 5 1/2 years on my banshee. I rode Parogon in Pennsylvania for 2 seasons every other weekend which is the rockiest terrain I'm sure anyone on HQ has ever seen.... I've never cracked a block or bent an arm.... I've dented plenty, but no where near ruined them... So..... ""put my front tires on the biggest obstacles, thanks for explaining that,yes i know how to ride... ".... Maybe you don't, If you want I could help you out buddy.. Some lessons perhaps?

did you get the a arms yet?

nope between school and football and work i have not had time to order them and today i went mudding and got stuck broke my rear locker and 1 front axle so i did about 900$ worth of damage so the a-arms will go on the back burner for awhile because my mud truck is also my daily driver so i have to fix it by monday morning in order to go to school and football practice it seems like everytime i get some money to do something i want to on my bike somthing bad happens but i will get them as soon as i can afford to

like jumping and fast trail riding and gncc type racing so tell me what type of a-arms and shocks to go with for that type of riding and iam about 5'10'' 205lbs

i have asr a arms and axis shocks dual rate w ressies in front and an avenger swingarm w stock shock in rear. works great for me.

The rear banshee shock is an awsome shock... Maybe if anything send it to works to get the heart transplant and set for your exact weight n style. As for the front ASR's dude, you wont be disapionted. I just got the whole front end and wow. I'm using some Works triple rates right now and all I do is woods race. I'd say its 30X's better than stock. Im sure those Axis shocks are even nicer. But the best thing about the ASR Arms is the adjustability you get out of them. If you go with them let me know, I can help you dial them in for fast light handling thru woods.

What do you think about the 450 front end conversion? What length swing arm are you using?