making steering knuckle stronger

I am looking to see if any one out there has added a support tube to there steering knuckle assembly. I have broken mine from racing and was talking to a fellow that told me that he had welded a piece of solid tubing to his steering knuckle to make it stonger. I am interested in doing this it eliminate continuing to break mine well racing. I hope someone out there has heard of this or done it. please post some pics looking to do this to mine or try something like it....thanks

steering knuckle? :shrug: Banshee has tie rods, steering stem and spindle/hub. Which part are you talking about? Do you have stock suspension? I'd say go to better tie rods and an aftermarket spindle assembly if you keep breaking stuff.

steering knuckle? :shrug: Banshee has tie rods, steering stem and spindle/hub. Which part are you talking about? Do you have stock suspension? I'd say go to better tie rods and an aftermarket spindle assembly if you keep breaking stuff.

the steering knuckle is part of the spindle assembly..the part that sticks off the spdindle , where the tie rod end connects, its got the 2 allen head bolts tack welded in place,

Edited by Michael Jackson

Wow, I've never heard of these breaking before. I ride mine through some pretty knarly shit, and havent even bent it, but then again I really don't do any jumping. I would try simple reinforcement, really all you need to do is weld some flat steel stock to it in either direction., just make sure clearence isnt an issue.

Wow, I've never heard of these breaking before. I ride mine through some pretty knarly shit, and havent even bent it, but then again I really don't do any jumping. I would try simple reinforcement, really all you need to do is weld some flat steel stock to it in either direction., just make sure clearence isnt an issue.

Depending on where it is breaking, probably the best solution would be to get yourself some triangular gusset tabs and weld one of those in place where the spindle and the knuckle converge. Summit Racing and Jegs will have those, they are typically used on roll cages to triangulate where the roof bars and main hoop come together. They're basically a triangle shaped piece of mild steel, 2" x 2" on the short legs.

Take a picture of these broken spindles/knuckles, I'm interested to see what's going on there.

Edited by ChippewaTSI94

sorry I been busy havent been able to check on this topic. But I have read all imput and its good thoughts. I am refering to the spindle but to order the part its called the steering knuckle. I broke mine on the top part where the ball joint from the top a-arm sits. I messed around with the broken one the other day and welded tubing inside and I liked the way it worked out so I did it to both the ones I ride with. I believe this will work only time will tell....As to wondering how it breaking I dont know just the desert racing I do takes a toll on the bike. Well thanks for the imput and hopefully my idea or mod works....thanks