Exhaust Clamp ?

SO as I'm trying to redo this bike I decided to replace these cheesy ass orange rubber clamps with these pretty aluminum ones and the damn pipe is a hair too big for the rubber bushing..The ebay ad says they fit all pipes...Is there any trick for me to get these fuckers squeezed up on the pipe...

CLAMPS

just shoot a little wd40 or liquid soap on them, they should slide right on, they are a whore to get on with no lube. rubber doesnt slide well on metal

dont go grinding at them with a dremel just yet..you want them to be tight, i had the same problem with RIS design ones and t5 pipes, they are a bitch to get on dry, use a little lube

Edited by Michael Jackson

just shoot a little wd40 or liquid soap on them, they should slide right on, they are a whore to get on with no lube. rubber doesnt slide well on metal

dont go grinding at them with a dremel just yet..you want them to be tight, i had the same problem with RIS design ones and t5 pipes, they are a bitch to get on dry, use a little lube

Yeah I thought about lubin her up..haha....I will try that when I get home from work

Michael Jackson says to "use a little lube"...

Classic. At least he's talking to an adult (as far as we know) :biggrin:

Anyways, he's right...as usual.

Well I'll be 25 in November so I'm legally an adult, BUT I don't really act like it... :biggrin:

yea, a little lube is always a nice thing

i tore a couple of those rubber sleeves while tryin to force them on before i realized this

Hey man I fucked those damn sleeves up...Tried the dremel thing and took too much out...Where did you get them at..Im so pissed I cant even see straight right now..Paid $45 dollars for those bastards and yeah fuckin don't fit right...Im 100% sure even if I had greased them up prior to using the dremel there's no way in hell that silencer pipe end was going inside that. I guess thats why the ad said most pipes...Just my fuckin luck I reckon.. :mad:

you could also heat up the rubber to make it flex easier.

I agree here, get some good hot water an put them in for a few min. This might soften up the rubber just enough. Dont try a flame cause you wount heat them evenly an you will just end up catching them on fire.