Cheapest cylinder boring?

Hey.

Who does really cheap cylinder boring? I know a local place that charged $75 for both cylinders but I dont like the way he does it (rigid hone) also, i have to take off like .020 to clean the cylinders up. So who has em fairly cheap.

If your trying to go the cheap route, I wound'nt own a Banshee.

If your trying to go the cheap route, I wound'nt own a Banshee.

Im not exactly going the "cheap route" thats why I wont let the local guy touch my cylinders.

I know theres got to be some reputable people out there that have decent pricing.

Where is Stroudsburg??? I charge $85 a pair, done on a precision hone up to .010" and on a bar for over .010"

That;s acually a pretty good price.

Stroudsburg is in notheast PA though.

They're at .040 but the previous owner blew it up, so they have some scratches in them. Im estimating about .020 has to come off to clean them up.

Do you have any pics of your work? or feedback for it? Another guy in jersey claimed to be good, but he fuckin BUTCHERED my dads cylinders. We cancelled the check. Hes never gonna see us again.

Figured it was in PA or somewhere back east. Jim's screenname is PASSIONRE, and I'll agree...he has very hard prices to beat. I've done work on here for a handfull of guys, maybe they'll chime in. But, my honest recommendation is to find an automotive machine shop local to do your bore jobs. If we were talking about portwork, it'd be a different story. But, once you factor in round trip shipping my price is now $155 based on est. $35 each way. I'm sure you'd be able to find a very reputable shop for that kind of money.

Figured it was in PA or somewhere back east. Jim's screenname is PASSIONRE, and I'll agree...he has very hard prices to beat. I've done work on here for a handfull of guys, maybe they'll chime in. But, my honest recommendation is to find an automotive machine shop local to do your bore jobs. If we were talking about portwork, it'd be a different story. But, once you factor in round trip shipping my price is now $155 based on est. $35 each way. I'm sure you'd be able to find a very reputable shop for that kind of money.

I checked out the website. $55 for boring.

As far as shipping, we can pack them in a small box. I dont think it'd be $35 if i use ground.

idk. ill figure out shipping and come up with something