Calling all Laeger Pro-Trax Banshee Owners!

4stroker

i know there are a couple guys on here with these, so i thought id ask, since Laegers dont wanna know about it!

i have found a complete laeger pro-trax banshee chassis for sale, with cr500 linkage swingarm and everything.

it has no hubs, brakes or axle etc, and was built in 1997.

the guy reckons it takes OEM banshee front hubs and brakes, and also uses complete banshee rear brake set up, including lever etc..

i always thought they needed 250R stuff, especially on the front.

can anyone shed some light on this for me please?

also being a '97, will it be able to take an oversize radiator? if not, would it be easy to modify to accept one? i dont mind having to cut and redo some mounts etc.

thanks in advance, mark

i know there are a couple guys on here with these, so i thought id ask, since Laegers dont wanna know about it!

i have found a complete laeger pro-trax banshee chassis for sale, with cr500 linkage swingarm and everything.

it has no hubs, brakes or axle etc, and was built in 1997.

the guy reckons it takes OEM banshee front hubs and brakes, and also uses complete banshee rear brake set up, including lever etc..

i always thought they needed 250R stuff, especially on the front.

can anyone shed some light on this for me please?

also being a '97, will it be able to take an oversize radiator? if not, would it be easy to modify to accept one? i dont mind having to cut and redo some mounts etc.

thanks in advance, mark

When they were originally made, Laeger offered them using either 250R components or Banshee components, so it depends. Both use the 250R geometry. As far as the radiator goes, you will probably have a pretty tough time trying to fit an oversized radiator on the bike. One of the toughest things you are going to run into are air snorkles for the air box to route around the CR500 link shock. Mine are carbon fiber that I purchased from Kellner Motorsports in PA. Another issue is that the banshee fenders have to be trimmed to fit over the front shock mounts and the radiator (as it sits higher). It's a bit of work, but there's nothing like it once you get it finished.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I bought a Laegers frame back in 95. Mark Laeger built mine long before he sold out. My banshee was built using all of the banshee components. You do need different shocks which are very expensive. You will need to use brakes from a like 93 model. The rear uses a round housing with the factory caliper.

I raced it D38 and in Tecate Mexico. I have one overall in 97 with it. Very stable and fast.

I had this in storage in 2001 had some items stolen. Engine and rear end were stolen. I have recently rebuilt it and getting ready to take it out in 10 days. If you want to know more about it, email me

deleontow@msn.com

David

• 1 month later...