life changing wreck

cvbadass

I was out riding my banshee with some friends, we were going down some pretty tight trails, and having a blast. All of my buddys ride four strokes and like to talk alot of shit. I am the only two stroke in the bunch. We all took turns taking lead down the trails, and we all talked shit on how the leader was alwys too slow. It came to my turn to lead and a couple of the guys said that the banshee was no good on trails, so I set out to prove them wrong. Tis tight trail is a good 2 miles long, when we started it didn't take too long and I had left everyone in the dust except a guy on a suzuki 400, so I pushed a little harder. I had gone done the trail a few times and thought I knew what I was doing, I came to a straight away and nailed it. I was in 4th or 5th gear haulin ass when I saw the section of really bad deep short woops. It was too late to slow down so I leaned back and hoped for the best. I hit about 2 or three woops and stated to bounce forward on my bike. I knew this was going to be bad!! I went over the bars and the bike beat the shit out of me!! I rolled over on the ground and saw my leg bent the wrong way, ouch!! It has been three monthes since I have been able to walk, almost lost my leg, and still have more surgery to do on my knee. I did smoke them, only one was close enough to see the wreck, when the rest got there they thought I was being sarcastic and laying in the trail as if to say what took you so long? I will ride again!!

wow,

hope you get better soon. whats the green stiching, ive never seen that before?

wow,

hope you get better soon. whats the green stiching, ive never seen that before?

The stitches are staples and a rubberband to help pull the wound shut. I still need knee surgery and and may have to redo the plate in my leg because the dr put in too small of a plate! I am supposedly supposed to be out for a little over a year, but may never bee 100% again. As long as i keep my leg I will be happy!

I was out riding my banshee with some friends, we were going down some pretty tight trails, and having a blast. All of my buddys ride four strokes and like to talk alot of shit. I am the only two stroke in the bunch. We all took turns taking lead down the trails, and we all talked shit on how the leader was alwys too slow. It came to my turn to lead and a couple of the guys said that the banshee was no good on trails, so I set out to prove them wrong. Tis tight trail is a good 2 miles long, when we started it didn't take too long and I had left everyone in the dust except a guy on a suzuki 400, so I pushed a little harder. I had gone done the trail a few times and thought I knew what I was doing, I came to a straight away and nailed it. I was in 4th or 5th gear haulin ass when I saw the section of really bad deep short woops. It was too late to slow down so I leaned back and hoped for the best. I hit about 2 or three woops and stated to bounce forward on my bike. I knew this was going to be bad!! I went over the bars and the bike beat the shit out of me!! I rolled over on the ground and saw my leg bent the wrong way, ouch!! It has been three monthes since I have been able to walk, almost lost my leg, and still have more surgery to do on my knee. I did smoke them, only one was close enough to see the wreck, when the rest got there they thought I was being sarcastic and laying in the trail as if to say what took you so long? I will ride again!!

Sorry 'bout your wreck... hope your recovery goes very well !! Christ, thats fuckin' nasty !! Your last sentence says it ALL...you WILL ride again !! Good luck to ya.

• 1 month later...
The stitches are staples and a rubberband to help pull the wound shut. I still need knee surgery and and may have to redo the plate in my leg because the dr put in too small of a plate! I am supposedly supposed to be out for a little over a year, but may never bee 100% again. As long as i keep my leg I will be happy!

Good luck bro! My wife broke her Tibial Platau (sp) on Memorial day last year. She had 7 screws, a 4 inch plate, and a bone graft done to reair her knee. They literally had to screw her tendon back to her bone because the bone was broken away where it attathced.

anyway, make sure you do all the phisical therapists tell you to do, and get better. She will never be 100%, but she is riding again. Go and buy a incumbant bike to ride to keep the knee movin.

YOUCH...

That's F'd up. Sorry about your wreck, at least you're in good spirits...get well soon.

These bikes are way to fast with too much power to take for granted...just goes to show you, easy to get over your head ...and aside from that, accidents happen...

Get well!!

• 3 weeks later...