Need help from fellow Body Builders

skylor

I want to start lifting but I don't really know how to get into it. alot of my friends lift and do the whole creatine thing and all that but I don't want to just jump into it without getting advice on what I should and should not take. I just want to do it right you know? So anyway I'm 15, 141.5lbs and i'm 5'8" I figured you'd need to know these things in order to help find the best plan for me I also was wondering what different things I should do as far as reps, supplements, vitamins, and diet just things along that line any help is well appreciated. Thanks alot fellas.

im assuming you want to put on muscle and size?

you need to stay in the 8-12 rep range. if you find yourself being able to do more than 12 reps at a slow controlled pace then its time to move up in weight.

you need to establish a workout plan. what days do you lift? where do you lift? what equipment do they have? give me some of this info and ill be able to help you a little better.

Yes thats correct. How many sets of 8-12? Well as of right now I lift every other day. Usually not on weekends though. I lift at home and currently have just a small weight bench and about 120lbs all together in weights which I'm hoping will not last me long bt until I can afford something better its all I got. But any info on any other equpment I can look for will be appreciated. I bench press and also curl but am looking for other things I can do in order to help me even if it means buying other equipment. Thanks alot really appreciate it.

School has a weight room with a bunch of different equipment but won't be back in that until school. what about like supplements and stuff?

at your age, supllements other than amino acids arent really needed. and your testoserone levels are high as hell. work out hard, eat alot and decent. sleep well. Pick up a muscular development mag or 30 and pick up some routines. Be consistant. Just because you dont see yourself turn into an arnold classic winner in a few months doesnt mean your not making progress. Keep a log of your workouts. Keep switching things up. Do heavy low rep one day and light high rep niext time. Eat about 1.5 X your body weight in protein a day.

this is my routine lineup

mon: chest

tues: back

wed : quads

thur : hams/ delts

fri : arms

sat off

sun off

every other day calves.

I dont work my abs. but normally they should be done about every other day too for the average joe. I get mine from dead lifts.

Protein should be the only supplement for you if any.

thats absolutely not true. some people are hard gainers and need the nitric oxide and creatine to be able to lift that little extra weight. protein is great, and absolutely necessary for muscle growth, but other supplements have been proven to make a huge difference a lot faster.

thats absolutely not true. some people are hard gainers and need the nitric oxide and creatine to be able to lift that little extra weight. protein is great, and absolutely necessary for muscle growth, but other supplements have been proven to make a huge difference a lot faster.

He's 15.. That stuff would not be good for him... Im totally for nitric oxide and creatine, as I take both of them myself and they make a ton of difference. Just not good for a 15 year old kid.. Don't you agree bro?

Well I've been looking around on that site you gave me loco and they have a list of supplements like protein, creatine, and amino acids that are for people under the age of 18 or so they say so would these be things to look into or just stick with eating protein and lifting?

Well I've been looking around on that site you gave me loco and they have a list of supplements like protein, creatine, and amino acids that are for people under the age of 18 or so they say so would these be things to look into or just stick with eating protein and lifting?

In my opinion i think you should stick to a good diet, lifting, and a few protein shakes a day. if you do it right you will see results.