Trashed a Stang today

billybobby

My buddy just got some headers, new mufflers and a tuner for his 99 GT stang. We just got done lifting and the first light we hit out of the gym red we both hit it No traction my truck has never spun so hard straight ahead. It didn't even seem like I moved till it shifted into second he pulled me off the line by about two I caught and passed him at 50. Next light we hit I put it in 4 high. Much different tale this time I left at about 2500 and chirped the tire's and left him for dead. I had never launched on pavement before in 4 high I was impressed it launched hard.

JennieandRodger003.jpg

JennieandRodger004.jpg

My drive train is all stock. The only change tranny wise is with the tune from Nelson changed my line pressure shifts allot harder. As far as power Nelson performance tunes trucks with the same mods I have all day long he says right around 450 to the wheels. I wouldn't worry about the tranny till it breaks I have 158,000 on the original tranny.

My drive train is all stock. The only change tranny wise is with the tune from Nelson changed my line pressure shifts allot harder. As far as power Nelson performance tunes trucks with the same mods I have all day long he says right around 450 to the wheels. I wouldn't worry about the tranny till it breaks I have 158,000 on the original tranny.

the 4.6's are really choked up from the factory. you gotta get into the valvetrain with some $$$ to get good power out of them ... the 5.0's are a MUCH nicer setup if racing is what your after.. good kill though ... Whipple makles a good S/C for late model trucks

Edited by Colby

I know it's weak year for the Mustang. The truck has definently lost it's share of races but for a truck with stock internals it hangs with if not beats most stock sports cars. The tune from Nelson is what brought the truck to life. I bought it with the whipple tuner and had a small prob with it they Whipple recomended Nelson performance to me.