Clutch problem

Well if you cant adjust it with the cable the you got to adjust it on the clutch itself.Theres A screw in the center of the clutch assembly with A jam nut on it,loosen the jam nut and screw it in some.That screw is what the push rod pushes on so screwing it in will help the clutch open all the way.

I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to cheat and I don't really want to drain the coolant again. Can I adjust it by removing the plastic cover or should I remove the entire case?

If anyone has the clutch open can you take a picture so I can see what a proper set up looks like? I have the downloaded manual but the images suck.

Edited by mofoka

while your inside the cover make sure that you don't have grooves on the basket, if so take the basket off and file down those grooves, this will also make clutch stick sometimes.

Thanks I'll check it out.

I also noticed alot of filings in the oil. The guy I bought it off of said it was a new clutch. When the clutch first goes on does it wear like that?

Also what type of lube should I use? The last owner was running 80 weight gear oil. Spec calls for a 30 weight and I've seen others use the red stuff. (tranny fluid I'm guessing)