9.00 second drag bike?

Jroll44

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think with a lite bike set up right, a 10mill dm with a 50 shot might get you there.

Might take more like an 18mill though

i think it might take even a bit more than that ... a 9 sec flat quarter mile is fast .....

Why would you want to build it with a banshee engine? Why not a street bike engine? Makes more sense. Money wise anyway.

might as well buy a street bike. $10K will buy you a 2008 R1 that will do a high second quarter mile from the box..... $1500 worth of performance parts (including nitrous) will turn that into a high 8 second bike .... assuming you can launch half-way decent.

HAHAHAH dude your so full of shit ...do you really know what it would take to run a 9 sec 1/4 mile?? an R1 out of the box high 9s hahahahaha go smoke another...nitrous isnt going to get you there I know for a fact there is a guy I know that runs a turboed busa with many many more mods that exceed 1500 and it runs a 8.67 in a 1/4 mile at 156mph..there is no way an r1 is comming close to that out the box with 1500 in mods,,I know stroker gixxer 1100s that dont come close to that!

Edited by 2bzy2p

Lol Read a Sport Rider magazine, all the brand new litrebikes are doing bottom tens and top 9's ... this of course is with a professional rider, but regardless the machine is capable of it

here ya go.. 07 R1 box stock 9.86 @ 147 .... something is wrong with your friends stroked GSXR http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_perfor...ers/yamaha.html

Edited by Colby

Lol Read a Sport Rider magazine, all the brand new litrebikes are doing bottom tens and top 9's ... this of course is with a professional rider, but regardless the machine is capable of it

here ya go.. 07 R1 box stock 9.86 @ 147 .... something is wrong with your friends stroked GSXR http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_perfor...ers/yamaha.html

LOL dude I dont have to read a magazine I know what the bikes can and cant do personally at the track Ive seen it Ive got the timeslips and know what it takes money/performance wise to get to that et and its more then 1500 you just stick to reading the sport mags that are trying to sell you a bike where not every single bike produced even hit the same hp numbers!!! and I gaurenteed the bike Im talking about gixxer or the busa that DOES RUN 8s at 156mph has WAY more then 1500 bucks in it to get it there not to mention a regular foot shifting bike WILL not hit those numbers with an average joe most bikes running those times have air shifters!

Edited by 2bzy2p

it can be done but will take a lot of$$$$$$$$, and a good rider. there are 4 mil. 4 wheeled banshees in the 10`s. stock framed.

exactly this is my whole point..not that it CANT BE DONE..But its gonna take a LOT of money..more then 1500 dollars!

LOL dude I dont have to read a magazine I know what the bikes can and cant do personally at the track Ive seen it Ive got the timeslips and know what it takes money/performance wise to get to that et and its more then 1500 you just stick to reading the sport mags that are trying to sell you a bike where not every single bike produced even hit the same hp numbers!!! and I gaurenteed the bike Im talking about gixxer or the busa that DOES RUN 8s at 156mph has WAY more then 1500 bucks in it to get it there not to mention a regular foot shifting bike WILL not hit those numbers with an average joe most bikes running those times have air shifters!

like i said... the machine from the factory is capable of 9's and 10's in the quarter.... and with a 75 shot of N20 said bike WILL be into the 9's. period ...... i've ridden my fair share of streetbikes ... i know what they are capable of ..... just because there 4-stroke, street legal, and are readily available at a fair price doesnt mean they cant be fast. Like the people that have 500hp Mustang's and Camaros think they can outrun my R1 because its a motorcycle with less than half the horsepower rating and half the cylinders and a quarter of the price... lol, not even close. I've had my 05 R1 to the track a few times and the fastest i could run was 10.47 but i also weigh 250lbs.... but if you think they aren't capable of it. ok