banshee leak

hello i picked a 03 banshee last nite. everything was good. it ran good... so today i was cleaning it up. an want to put my own center clutch cover. so i started to unscrew the screws an behind the center cover was fluid so. i started it up. it look to be coming from the screw holes. so i put new center cover on the clutch cover it self. come to find out it was leaking .. i did not put the o ring gasket that come s stock on the center cover.. is that needed. but i guess what am asking is it normal for it to be leaking form them 3 screw holds on the center cover. of the clutch cover..

you mean the water pump cover? if its the plastic cover that uses three holes then just take it off, you might have got water in there, open it up and you will see it hold the coolan impeller cover, open it nothing will fly out and bite yu, you will see what the liquid will be, my guess is water from washing it, or a coolant leak from the impeller which is a 2 dollar gasket

no its that center cover. that one that said yamaha right in the center of the clutch cover .. all so the guy told me i no i did not take a compression test yet, i no i no. he told me it had 215 psi its ported an polished. heavy port job 17cc domes vitos power pistons 40 over v force 3 reeds 33 carbs cool head.. am sure there more i for get to right it all down..

I IHAVE CERTAINLY NEVER HEARD OF THAT, I GUESS I WOULD TRY PULLING THE SIDECASE COVER OFF AND SEE IF IT IS DRILLED THROUGH ALL THE WAY WHICH WOULD ALLOW THE OIL(IM ASSUMING) TO BE COMING OUT OF THOSE HOLES. THIS SHOUDL NOT HAPPEN IN MY OPINION. SOUNDS LIKE MABYE IT HAS A BAD CASE COVER, POSSIBLY FROM THE PREVIOUS OWNER DOING ALL THE WORK? IDK. BUT I WOULD CERTAINLY PULL IT OFF AND LOOK IT OVER. POST WHAT YOU FIND OUT OF CURIOSITY PLEASE.

Does it have a slingshot lockup? You have to drill out the nubs on the inside of the cover, then put some silicone or something in the holes to keep it from leaking. Either way, just put some silicone in those screw holes and put the center cover back on. It should be fine.