Durablue Eliminator Axle HELP ...

ahcgt

Does this piece come off the axle? If not then how the heck do I install this thing, because the splines on one side are too big to go through the bearings .. and this wont either ?? Confused ...

I have an twin row round carrier .. any help ?

axle1.jpg

mine came off of the axle.....one side of the axle it wont slide off so then try the other side and it will come right off..

Did you have to use a wooden block and a hammer or anything? Mine seems like it is on very tight. I tried with a mallet and couldnt' get it to budge. Is it normal for it to be this tight right out of the box? I just wanted to make sure it slides off before I start beating it to death. haha

Did you have to use a wooden block and a hammer or anything? Mine seems like it is on very tight. I tried with a mallet and couldnt' get it to budge. Is it normal for it to be this tight right out of the box? I just wanted to make sure it slides off before I start beating it to death. haha

Spray it down with WD-40 and use a press if you have access to one

Does this piece come off the axle? If not then how the heck do I install this thing, because the splines on one side are too big to go through the bearings .. and this wont either ?? Confused ...

I have an twin row round carrier .. any help ?

axle1.jpg

Did you remove the clip retainer? It should slide right off

Did you remove the clip retainer? It should slide right off

Yes I removed the clip retainer. But it won't slide right off. I guess its just a tight fit with it and the splines. The mallet wouldn't do any justice so I'm going to try a piece of wood and hammer. Hopefully I won't tear anything up. I wonder if I should contact RMATV about it or what. It shouldn't be on there this tight I wouldn't think and its brand new.

Yes I removed the clip retainer. But it won't slide right off. I guess its just a tight fit with it and the splines. The mallet wouldn't do any justice so I'm going to try a piece of wood and hammer. Hopefully I won't tear anything up. I wonder if I should contact RMATV about it or what. It shouldn't be on there this tight I wouldn't think and its brand new.

No it should slide rather easily on the splines. So it

FINALLY got it off!! I let it soak in WD-40 for a few hours and using a block of wood and hammer. It moved millimeter by millimeter but finally came off. Not sure why its so tight but maybe its a good thing because I really won't have to worry about it working loose while riding. Thanks for everybody's help. :biggrin: :woot: :beer: :clap:

you might have done it this way..but from experience get a wood block drill a hole in it the a little bigger then the axle itself and shove the hole axle through it. The bearing should not fit through the hole and when you secure the block so it don't move. Tap the axle from the top end this way you get an even distribution of weight on the bearing...if you did it like this then you did right and ignore this message...just making sure you did it the easy way...