Banshee Tachometer

klaser23

Alright I cannot find any info at all on this subject so hopefully someone can help me out. I have an 06

Banshee that I curretly run on 1/4 mile drag strip. It's all bracket racing so being consistent is a must

which leads me to my question. I want to put a tach on my Banshee but I'm not sure what I'm getting into. I've looked them and found some for a 2 cylinder engine but it says that my quad must emit an

RPM signal, I'm just not sure how to go about this. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Rich

Alright I cannot find any info at all on this subject so hopefully someone can help me out. I have an 06

Banshee that I curretly run on 1/4 mile drag strip. It's all bracket racing so being consistent is a must

which leads me to my question. I want to put a tach on my Banshee but I'm not sure what I'm getting into. I've looked them and found some for a 2 cylinder engine but it says that my quad must emit an

RPM signal, I'm just not sure how to go about this. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Rich

do you mean a EGT gauge?I got a brand new in box Digatron K2 32 or something like that model for banshee for 275

Its not hard at all you just gotta have someone drill and weld something on your pipes and the rest is just hook up and go.I have everything you need brand new.

They build very inexpensive digital tacks witch clamp on your spark plug wire and detect the pulse. I have run a few, I think RMATV has them or any dealer that carries parts unlimited can order them.

here is a link

Edited by slc_hillshooter

They build very inexpensive digital tacks witch clamp on your spark plug wire and detect the pulse. I have run a few, I think RMATV has them or any dealer that carries parts unlimited can order them.

here is a link

that tach is for a single cyl motor.

your best bet is gonna be a trail tech vapor.

they are back lit with tach,speedo,shift lights,temp sensor,hrs meter,etc.(digital display)

you can find them on ebay for around 100.00 or so

the thing about a banshee motor is its what is called a dead fire motor.

both cyls fire at the same time.

and the trail tech has an adjustment for this.

when you get the vapor and are setting it up it will ask you what the ppr(pulse per revoloution)is and set it to 2.

the only disadvantage to the vapor is you need a small 12v power source for it.

Dan

that tach is for a single cyl motor.

your best bet is gonna be a trail tech vapor.

they are back lit with tach,speedo,shift lights,temp sensor,hrs meter,etc.(digital display)

you can find them on ebay for around 100.00 or so

the thing about a banshee motor is its what is called a dead fire motor.

both cyls fire at the same time.

and the trail tech has an adjustment for this.

when you get the vapor and are setting it up it will ask you what the ppr(pulse per revoloution)is and set it to 2.

the only disadvantage to the vapor is you need a small 12v power source for it.

Dan

they build a twin cylinder, Plus I run PVL, which fires like a single. Also you could always divide the number by 2

I run a digitron and like it very much!

I run a digitron and like it very much!

The trail tech's.... yeah I've looked at those all so. Everyone's seems to like the digitron that has them.

Thanks for the all the info from everyone, it's super helpful. Hey 06BaNsHeE I'm going on vacation for

a week but when I get back maybe you could hook me up, I'll let you know. Thanks guys.

You should be able to use the lighting coil on the banshee to power it. There web site says it works with 9-400V AC or DC current.

that will work...

but the lighting isnt as strong and if you dont get enough current the shift lights and over temp lights wont work.

i used a very small motorcycle storage battery to power the one i had.

Dan

If you want to save some cabbage check this link out:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BIN-DIGITAL-HOUR-METER-TACH-YZF-YZ-CR-CRF-KX-KXF-RM_W0QQitemZ260250330534QQihZ016QQcategoryZ35594QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZVie

wItem