Banshee Stage IV head

Nissan used to have a 4cyl that had 8 spark plugs. It was called the Z-24 engine. I think the purpose of it was for one to hit on the compression stroke, and one on the exhaust stroke, to make sure you were burning all of the fuel in the cylinder. It doesn't make sense why you would put one on a Banshee, because don't they already fire on the up and down strokes? Plus, I'm sure you would have to get Trinity's Stage IV coil packs and wires. Who knows what other electrical you would have to upgrade. Probably have to get a different flywheel, stator, pickup, and anything else involved.

I wrote the guy and his response is below..................

this head is an old design from trinity, they quit making them because of the price of ignition to run it. new stator different coils and so on. they did say it was a great design and runs well. you could run your ignition as is.

I know some of the old dirt bikes had 2 spark plugs. You only have one wire on. You foul a plug and you just swap the wire over to the other plug. There were also others that took the spark plug out and put in a decompression valve that was opperated by a little mini lever on the handle bars. Probably came in handy on those big 500+ cc machines.

The problem with running that head now is getting different domes. What if you wanted to go up to a stroker, or change compression? You can bet trinity isnt going to make you a set of domes for that head.

• 4 weeks later...
I know some of the old dirt bikes had 2 spark plugs. You only have one wire on. You foul a plug and you just swap the wire over to the other plug. There were also others that took the spark plug out and put in a decompression valve that was opperated by a little mini lever on the handle bars. Probably came in handy on those big 500+ cc machines.

The problem with running that head now is getting different domes. What if you wanted to go up to a stroker, or change compression? You can bet trinity isnt going to make you a set of domes for that head.

wouldnt the spare plug just foul up anyway from not firing?