Painting Banshee

DJ LiL Mike

hello. i want to paint my banshee plastics, frame, A arms, etc.. Can anybody give me steps, guidelines, and what products to buy? i want to know what i can use to get a nice shiny paint job. i want to make sure the paint lasts a long time and doesnt peel off. if there are enough good answers, i think this is something that should get pinned up. no powder coating, just painting. i want to do a homemade paint job. anybody?

if you want it to look very good I would suggest letting someone who paints professionally do it...plastic on bikes with lots of flex is quite a chor,,on your a-rms other metal parts I would sand blast or strip them,primer then paint about 3 or 4 coats on it and youd be good to go.

i dont want to bring it to the profesionals, i want to do it all myself. i do have a big air compressor, spray guns, and sander. My dad paints his construction equipment sometimes, but thats metal. if i get the right info, i can do the job almost or just as good as a professsional would do it. its not like i want graphics fancy graphics. if anything, i can do simple graphics myself. i do have a 24 inch vinyl machine. I just want to know how i can make the paint last long. maybe by puting a clear coat, wax, anything. please let me know.

on my lil blaster i used krylon fusion....and i did it about 3 years ago and the stuff hasnt even chipped at all and that thing has had alot of hard riding! i sprayed it with krylon fusion and waited to a lil while and then took normal clear coat and srayed that right over it and they kinda bonded together leavin it nice and shiny and its never faded cracked or anything.

for preping the plastics i used this stuff i got from napa. i cant think of the name of it, but its something gel, its got micro beeds in it and its a degreaser. its in the painting section, or ask someone there, they will know what your talking about. I also used napa paint out of their oem paint books, 2 stage! works great

different paints bond differently to different plastics....its the flex additive that you will need and done correctly if you dont want it to look like crap after one wreck or after time of fenders bouncing up and down.

Do a search for Automotive touch up. They sell car paint in aeresol cans. They also have an adhesion promoter for plastic parts. You can get most colors under the sun also. It's a bit pricey at $20 a can but worth it. You can get away with one can of the adhesion promoter, 2 of the base, and 2 of the clear for the plastics. I think the adhesion promoter is only 10 buck a can. They ship fast too.