memorial weekend tickets galore at Sandlake

motocrossrider68

Want to know who all got tickets at sandlake this memorial weekend. Seems like tillamook really is looking for revenues. I never heard of tickets for no spark arresters, especially in the lowest fire conditions. They let people have camp fires under trees and worry about spark arresters. They really ruined our weekends, we let two days earlly when my girlfriend got pulled over , her first ride on a banshee.Gave her a ticket for no spark arrester, and when i came over to them they gave me one two and told us not to ride anymore. Any comments????

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man that sucks. We were there from thursday night untill yesterday afternoon. I had no issues with tickets but one of the cops stopped by our camp and ran over to where we were cooking and grabbed a bottle next to the BBQ and said" OK who is the one drinking beer". I replied that is Worcestershire sauce sir. He felt like a dumbass and left us alone. They were out in full force for sure. No wind over there either so the DUNE was really chopped up. Dont think we will be going back next year.

We were out there the week-weekend before memorial day. When the weekend hit they were out there in full force tossing tickets left and right. Been told this year they are cracking wayyyyyyyyyyy down on DB levels. Almost worth it to head down to chester or coos not to be bothered.

Same as you said tho, not much wind, the dunes were beat the living sheet outa you rough.

Man that sucks. We were there from thursday night untill yesterday afternoon. I had no issues with tickets but one of the cops stopped by our camp and ran over to where we were cooking and grabbed a bottle next to the BBQ and said" OK who is the one drinking beer". I replied that is Worcestershire sauce sir. He felt like a dumbass and left us alone. They were out in full force for sure. No wind over there either so the DUNE was really chopped up. Dont think we will be going back next year.

Didn't one of the guys in our group get a ticket for not having a fire extinguisher in his truck? :confused:

Didn't one of the guys in our group get a ticket for not having a fire extinguisher in his truck? :confused:

He was out on the dunes driving his ford with no ohv tags on his truck and he didn't have a fire extinguisher. So they gave him a $175 ticket.

yea we had a group of 7 and 5 of us got tickets

there was 3 M.I.P's $300 each

2 spark arrestor tickets-$150 each

and my buddy was riding a mini scooter kind of thing around and got him for no sticker or flag with was $175

so we racked up about $1375 worth of tickets... dont think im going back to sand lake to give them any more money.. its worth the extra drive to coos bay or winchester for sure..

yea we had a group of 7 and 5 of us got tickets

there was 3 M.I.P's $300 each

2 spark arrestor tickets-$150 each

and my buddy was riding a mini scooter kind of thing around and got him for no sticker or flag with was $175

so we racked up about $1375 worth of tickets... dont think im going back to sand lake to give them any more money.. its worth the extra drive to coos bay or winchester for sure..

Since when did you have to have spark arrestors............. I got my bike looked at pretty good by the rangers when it blew up and they didn't say anything. They only seemed to be concerned that Yamahamama's bike did not have a working tailliaght. :biggrin:

Since when did you have to have spark arrestors............. I got my bike looked at pretty good by the rangers when it blew up and they didn't say anything. They only seemed to be concerned that Yamahamama's bike did not have a working tailliaght. :biggrin:

You mean camerons bike? My tail light works great just my headlights didn't for the first evening.

What did you blow up? :blink:

New gameplan for our group is to shoot midweek for SL and weekends to chester. Between what you've all said here and what my buddies have said, oregon made a nice little profit on all of us last weekend.

You mean camerons bike? My tail light works great just my headlights didn't for the first evening.

Yeah, I guess it was Cam's bike....... I was thinking it was yours because I don't recall the headlights working on it when we were talking to the rangers. I may need to lay of the crack. :biggrin:

What did you blow up? :blink:

New gameplan for our group is to shoot midweek for SL and weekends to chester. Between what you've all said here and what my buddies have said, oregon made a nice little profit on all of us last weekend.

I lightened the piston in the left cylinder. :cool:

Which banshee, the white one? :ohmy:

His red one... :down: :sad: