Don't know what it is

Took my bike up north for a ride this weekend and was riding for about 3 hours and heard a pop. Didn't think it was the motor back firing, and it ended up that it wasn't. When we got back to fill up I noticed that I was leaking trans fluid by my shifter. Now Keep in mind the motor has all new seals and gaskets. Well after spraying the area down(in the vints between the stater and the shifter I noticed what seems to be a little hole and a piece of round rubber that seemed to have gone in the whole hanging out of it. So that seems to be were its comming from, not the shifter at all. Its to the left of the stifter behind the strater cover where the vents are. Im put will be appreciated. Well it was a bad ass ride though.

quadstuff0021.jpg

Ok this isn't mine but I'll explain. To the left Of the white thingy with the three screws there is a thing hanging down looks kind of like a bullet. On the side of it there is a perfect hole, I don't think there is any kind of threads on it.