New Duner Build

phx450

just rember if you want a boring mild running bike build it close to stock if you like having some fun and can RIDE then pump it up. a 70-80hp banshee is a blast on the dunes..

if you think those "mid range " ,,,, pipes are fun just rember that when i pass you in a wheelie..

True...........But thats why i have the hill bike. 70-80 hp and you might be able to wheelie, but with you wont be passing me, you will have a good view of my back!!!

I never thought about building another 4 mil for a duner but now I need to rethink my strategy. I planned on a 370, but im not so sure now. I already have the suspension in the garage, just need the bike to throw it on....

I dune my cub and love it, but I also had 370lr for 3 years and beat the piss out it. I mean thrashed that motor. Rode 4 to 5 times a week and the weekend, it NEVER let me down. Stock swinger, dune ported, 34mm mikuni flat slides with K&Ns and outerwears. If I ever get another shee, Ill build another one. Cant tell you happy I was with that motor.JMO BTW, comp. was 175 with T5s

4 mil cub, keep the compression reasonable, timing reasonable...it'll run all day long.

With out a doubt. I made about 15 weekend dune trips on my 4mil cub last season, and I ran the bike

60-75 miles each trip. Still starts first kick. Prolly going to freshin the topend for this season tho.

Not to blow my own dick, but I'm always leading and way out in front in my riding group of about 7-8

good riders, on decently built 450's. Tight and technical or wide open bowls.

Running about 165lbs comp, 4-6 degrees timing and VP c-12. Runs all day long.