Laeger long travel a-arms

trav-99

o.k. heres the story

i called Laegers, placed an order for +2/+1 long travel banshee arms.

no problem, said it'll be 3-4 week wait period. o.k.

4 weeks latter, there really busy, it'll be another week till they get to them. o.k.

week latter i call, they say they're done go'ing to powdercoat. it'll be another week.

week latter i call, they said they're still in process of welding them, it'll be 2 more weeks till finish.

2 weeks latter i call, they tell me they're done, waiting to get back from powdercoat. it'll be another week.

week later i call, they say some how they welded the upper arms -1 instead of +1. F*ck! how does a company who specailizes in a-arms fuck this up? anyhow, they need to make another set. it'll be couple more weeks.

approx. 2.5 - 3 weeks latter, they show up.

i finally got them after WAITING 2.5 MONTHS! if i know this upfront, i would have bought another brand.

appearance....

i really like the candy blue finish. couple of flaws here and there but, hey, these things are gonna get beat on!

allthough, top arms are silver and lowers are blue? i ordered them in blue... not mix and match?

and these DO NOT include bushings. for the price, most other brands include bushings, and some even include sleeves. scott at leagers tells me " just beat out your old ones and reuse them ". STUPID! that DAMAGES them! F*ck that! point is to freshen up the front, not rig it together half ass. anyhow, for $12. mike @ American Star hooked me up with 12 new delron bushings.

also, there are a couple grease zerks missing. scott tells me. "i'll just mail you a couple of them". yeah, that was 3 weeks ago, still none have arrived. can you say LAZY!

the install.....

first off, the bushings didn't fit. i had to dremal, sand out the powdercoating biuld-up from the pockets.

upon closer inspection, there was weld spers, weld burn throw biuld ups as well. it looked like a F*CK'in stalag-tight hanging in one. "excuse the spelling". i had to GRIND these out and custom fit 3 of the pockets.

second, after drilling and installing the grease zerks and holes, they didn't de-bur the holes. when looking through arms you could easily see metal flakes sticking down from the holes. probably the first time i would have greased these the grease would have pushed the metal shavings straight into the NEW bushings.

ALSO, the upper arms grease zerks are positioned toward the rear of the arm, directly in line with the shock. making it VERY difficult to grease, i may even have to remove upper shock bolt, and pull shock outward to re-grease.

third, no biggy, lower shock bolts are now too short. i guess scott figures everyone can magically pull a couple of these out our ass's.

fourth, either the uppers are to short or the upper ball joints are to short, not threaded enough. i have VERY limited adjustment. its acually on the limit of out-of adjustment. i can almost adjust it so the wheel is close to straight up - vertical. or i can adjust it so the wheel tops angle inward - toward frame.

and i have NO adjustment forward or back at the spindle/hub. AGAIN, for the price i paid, other brands have these adjustments. this piss's me off...

after mounting everything, my shocks i planned on useing ended up being too short. so now, i'm stuck without shocks. so i can't do a shake down and see how things work or handle.

more feedback to come.... .

after all this, i say SCREW LAEGER's and there high price's, poor service, lazy employees, and there unfinished products. :down:

MVC-014F.jpg

laegergroup.jpg

I can see your frustration and with good reason but I gotta say those arms look absolutely bad-ass love that cross bar on the bottom A-Arms. Agree with you about the mix and match paint on the arms blue or chrome uppers would have set it off. How are you going about getting new shocks for the front end? I think it looks great and think Laeger has the best A-Arm look.

i have a post running in the suspention section about the shocks.

i've been calling around, every day. my latest delema, i found ohlins, piggyback, fully adjustable shocks for polaris predator, 17.88 inches long that sounds like they'lll fit perfectly, for $600 on sale. just not 100% sure they'll fit. and they have 5 1/2" stroke. stock banshee has 4 1/2" , long travel banshee measures out to have 6-6 1/2" stroke. i may loose an inch of travel with these shocks but for the price?? is it worth it?

decisions, decisions.....

still no word back from fox on prices for a custom set biult.

works will make me blackwidows or there pro g 4 series, both are fully adjustable for between $700-900 a pair.

the same comparable shocks from elka are $1300+.

tcs is $950 limited adjustments.

Got the Same Run around from them as well had many many frustrating calls to scott and Golden West, After all was said and done I got them installed with the Elka Lt shocks, Went ridding and things are so far so good, I took the leager name of the arm-s to say f%&k them as I don't advertise for company's that suck. Would never go with them again not worth the money. I feel for you man.

what color are yours? upper and lower the same color? or mixed up like mine?

my buddy bought a set for his cannondale same time as me, his set is candy red, uppers and lowers same color. he was screwed around on the time line as well, but his arms match.

What the hell is it with these suspension companies? Is there any company out there that actually provides a good product at a reasonable price and the customer service to back it up? I had nothing but trouble with ASR and others on here have as well. I've heard bad about leagers and several other companies. what the fuck, can anybody get it right? I mean of course there are guys that are going to say I love my brand X they were great, but when there is a problem, it seems non of these companies can pull their head out of their asses. Damn annoying i tell ya. I want to put all new suspension on my bike and pass mine down to my brother, i just can decide who to take the chance on and send my money. Just dont want to get screwed around like last time. :confused:

Thats some bullshit, it sounds like you just got the run around and its like that with many companys. I got my LSR fully adj a arms in 3 weeks but I dident get them powder coated I just though get them straight up so I dont have to wat 2 months. I had problems with Elka on my rear end setup.I got them in 3 weeks but The spring was to wide to fit the stock and -3 lonestar swingarm so I needed the inside box of my stock swingarm cut and gusseted to fit the dimentions of the LT Shock and Elka sent me a spring that was even wider. WTF I said. It just got done and its on there finaly but it costed me 200.00 bucks. I cant wait to ride it next weekend though. The front Elka elites are definatly worth it to me and Im guessing the rear will work like a dream too.

Waiting does suck balls though.